GREAT NEW CHEAP Cymbal Cleaner (FOR REALS!!!)

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

deadknot
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Check this out .. i live in san diego above the qualcomm stadium (where the Chargers play) .. ok so anyways i ran accross this product (BAR KEEPERS FRIEND) a couple of years ago at my local vons store.Look for it in the same place where you find AJAX ok so i have stocked up on this awesome product to clean cymbals this is the S**T!!! F**k all that expensive zildjian, paiste , brasso shit.. hey whatever your using Stop rite now... this is like the old skool zildjian powder.. looks like ajax but works miracles in seconds.. makes cymbals look like new , removes finger prints ,water marks, removes dirt , everything!! its the S**T YO!! with no futher delay heres the link.

copy and paste to your browser

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-43584/Detail

.. and my instructions--- avoid getting this on the logos it will take em right off. simply clean around the logos , if you happen to get some on the logos wipe off GENTLY.

things you need

a reg non abrasive dish washing SPONGE, Bar keepers Friend,WATER, a Towel to dry

instructions

1. wet the cymbal good, make sure sponge is damp and ready to go

2. sprinkle bar keepers friend on the cymbal ,Keep in mind this is a mild abrasive

3. use your damp sponge start cleaning, clean along and with the grooves of your cymbal if you clean in a up and down motion and circular motion you'll see minor surface scratches,(keep in mind this is a mild abrasive) , you'll see results as you clean though!!

4. RINSE it off

5. turn the cymbal over and repeat steps 1 thru 4.

6. towel dry to shiny new cymbal-- yeah buddy!!
b b253
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:53 pm

its cheap. =D so it wont damage the cymbal at all? like over a period of time?
Pulse double bass kit
Mapex M birch 5 peice kit
Mapex steel 10 by 5.5 side snare
Sabian xs20 cymbals
Zildjian Avedis
Tama hardware
Remo heads
Regal tip =)
http://www.myspace.com/thedrummerboyoftheworld
PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:52 pm

pshhh yea right.......
deadknot
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

People i'm serious i use this all the time ... b b 253 it will NOT damage the cymbal over a period of time I play in a Punk band , i use Sabian AAX metal crash cymbals 18" and 16" , i have had both these cymbals for at least 6 years and they're perfectly fine.. SERIOUSLY!! I wouldn't Bullshit My fellow drummers.
shine.fm-youth
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 pm

or you could just NOT clean your cymbals

they sound better
gives them character :D
drums - pacific LX
cymbals - saluda black mist, voodoo
pedals - axis, iron cobra
gear - DW, rock n' sock
sticks - vic firth
deadknot
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:06 pm

.... or you can do that too :)
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:11 am

yea im bordering on haveing a patina fetish lol
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals
stump

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:57 pm

deadknot wrote:Check this out .. i live in san diego above the qualcomm stadium (where the Chargers play) .. ok so anyways i ran accross this product (BAR KEEPERS FRIEND) a couple of years ago at my local vons store.Look for it in the same place where you find AJAX ok so i have stocked up on this awesome product to clean cymbals this is the S**T!!! F**k all that expensive zildjian, paiste , brasso shit.. hey whatever your using Stop rite now... this is like the old skool zildjian powder.. looks like ajax but works miracles in seconds.. makes cymbals look like new , removes finger prints ,water marks, removes dirt , everything!! its the S**T YO!! with no futher delay heres the link.

.. and my instructions--- avoid getting this on the logos it will take em right off. simply clean around the logos , if you happen to get some on the logos wipe off GENTLY.

things you need

a reg non abrasive dish washing SPONGE, Bar keepers Friend,WATER, a Towel to dry

instructions

2. sprinkle bar keepers friend on the cymbal ,Keep in mind this is a mild abrasive

3. use your damp sponge start cleaning, clean along and with the grooves of your cymbal if you clean in a up and down motion and circular motion you'll see minor surface scratches,(keep in mind this is a mild abrasive) , you'll see results as you clean though!!

4. RINSE it off

Hello dead! Don't think we have officially met. I am Stump. Thanks for your info. Also check your language...I fixed it this time. Thanks. P.O.Y!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

christopherabruce
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:21 am

BKF is a good, cheap and gentle cleaner, is available at grocery and hardware stores. Won't damage your cymbals. I've been using it for probably 20 years now, mostly on my A's which don't benefit much from a patina.

deadknot wrote:Check this out .. i live in san diego above the qualcomm stadium (where the Chargers play) .. ok so anyways i ran accross this product (BAR KEEPERS FRIEND) a couple of years ago at my local vons store.Look for it in the same place where you find AJAX ok so i have stocked up on this awesome product to clean cymbals this is the S**T!!! F**k all that expensive zildjian, paiste , brasso shit.. hey whatever your using Stop rite now... this is like the old skool zildjian powder.. looks like ajax but works miracles in seconds.. makes cymbals look like new , removes finger prints ,water marks, removes dirt , everything!! its the S**T YO!! with no futher delay heres the link.

things you need

instructions

4. RINSE it off

vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:57 pm

shine.fm-youth wrote:or you could just NOT clean your cymbals

they sound better
gives them character :D

im with you on this one, i have pretty much sworn to myself never to clean any of my cymbals as long as i live/own them. and when i get a new one i want it as dirty as possible as quick as possible
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 pm

_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
stump

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:57 pm

I too am a patina fan. I wipe my brass down with a terry cloth just to keep dust off. No cleaners for me. P.O.Y!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Joezeppi
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:38 pm

What is this patina you speak of? Please explain.
Without music, life is a journey through a desert.
shine.fm-youth
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:36 pm

drums - pacific LX
cymbals - saluda black mist, voodoo
pedals - axis, iron cobra
gear - DW, rock n' sock
sticks - vic firth
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm

so those wierd green spots on some of my cymbals is natural? i always thought they looked like the statue of liberty...