Well If can't sell 'em, I'm willing to repair 'em

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master
Location: Chula Vista, (A community within San Diego) California

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:32 am

As some of you know my paiste cymbals took one hell of a beating at a recent gig (check the post) and I have learned I can't seel 'em for much and I was wondering if there is a way to repair them! My 18 Paiste Signature full crash is in perfect condition other than the small dent one side, and my 19" Paiste RUDE Thin Crash has a inward bent middle hole as well as a somewhat deep scratch mark next to that, and deep gash one side.These cymbals are still completely new and I took care of it, after only a few months of having them.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 am

just use them as they are. that sig should hold up fine and sound fine, I have one that's been cracked for at least 3 years that is still going strong. you spent a lot of money on those cymbals, no need to sell them right away because there's a tiny thing wrong. if they sound fine, use them as they are because modifying them will change the sound and it probably won't be for the better.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 am

Well I guess and they do still sound the same but I will never forget that gruesome day!
J0k3r
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am

They are just battle scars. Helps to keep some memories. I hang all my old stuff up on my wall and tell stories attached to them. Eventually I plan to cover my studio wall.
As far as the cymbals go, as long as they sound good use them till the breack,(I still use one that I broke, it's like a splash.)
"We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy" ~Seal~

Ludwig Accent
Vic Firth Stix
Zildjian Cymbals
Evans Heads
Gibralter Hardware
christopherabruce
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:20 am

There's a difference between damaged and broken. To me, if a cymbal is cracked or dented, but still sounds good, it's not broken.
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah like battle scars, exactly!