A NIGHTMARE GIG! MY PAISTE'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master
Location: Chula Vista, (A community within San Diego) California

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 am

SO LAST WEEK I RECIEVED A CALL FROM A FRIEND WHO IS A VERY DEAR DRUMMER AS WELL, AND HE GOT US THIS GIG IN A HOUSE ONLY A FEW MINUTES FRO HOUSE AND IN OUR COMMUNITY! SO FRIDAY CAME A LNG AN HAT WAS THE DAY OF THE GIG AND WELL MY OTHER FRIEND WHO IS A SEMI-DRUMMER/ VOCALIST, DECIDED TO BRING HIS DRUMS SINCE HE LIVED DOWN THE STREET FROMWHEE WE WERE PLAYING, AND WE BEGAN TO UNLOAD AND SET UP OUR DRUMS AND STUFF, YU COULD HEAR GUITARS BEING TUNED AND THE HARDCORE PUNK KIDS IN THE BACKGROUND CHTTINGAMONGST THEMSELVES. THIS HOUSE WAS AREALLY NICE NEW RICH HOUSE THAT WAS BEATEN UP AND HAD HOLES IN THE WALSS AND I WAS LIKE WOW. SO MY LEAD VOCALIST IN MY BAND WO IS A DRUMMER IN ANOTHER BAND THAT WAS STARTING THE SHOW WAS NEARLY FINISHING SETTINGUP WHEN ALL OF ASUDDEN SE CRAZED MEXICAN GUY COMES IN AND YELLS THIS MY HOUSE! REPEATED LY AD STARTS CURSING IN SPANISH A LA VERGA WE. EVERYONE WAS SURPRISED THEN HE TOPPLED OVER MY 18" PAISTE SIGNATURE FULL CRASH DOWN TO THE GROUND WHICH WAS TOTALL BRAND NEW, I SWEAR I ONLY HAD THAT CYMBAL FOR A MONTH IN A HALF AND I TREATED IT LIKE MY OWN SON, IW AS LIKE NOOOO! IN MY MIND AND THE GUY DENTED MY CYMBAL. IT WAS SMALL BUT I MANAGED TO BEND IT BACK DECENTLY. THE GUY ALSO THREATENED PEOPLE WITH MY 19" PAISTERUDE THINCRASH AND WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK HE GRABBED THE OTHER HALF OF THE CYMBAL STAND WITH THE CYMBAL STILL ON IT AND STARTED SWINGING EVERWHERE. HE DENTED THE MIDDLE HOLE INWARD AND THE CYMBAL HAS A FEW SCRATCHES BUT IT'S HARDLY NOTICIBLE BECAUSE THE FELT IS COVERING IT. I ASSED AND MAD THAT DAY THAT HI HAPPENED. I LEARNED NT TTRUST HOUSE SHOWS AND PLAY WITH CAUTION. BU I GOT OVER IT AND I'M SELLING THEM TO THIS GUY WWHO'L BUY EM, ANDI'M ONG O GET SOMEALPHAS AND 2002'S INSTEAD.
SGarrett

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 am

Holy crap. Though, from what my friend from Chula Vista tells me, I'm not overly surprised.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:10 pm

that's crazy.
eml
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:13 pm

Crazy shit man, but let's not write in all caps next time. :(
Lancelot Frosty
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm

I'd have a hard time keeping a level head if I were you. :shock:

Sucks man. Hope everything goes well.
Original Frosty.
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Yeah sorry bout the caps sucks for my cymbals man, but yea thats Chul A Vista Hardcore for ya hopefully some guy or person buys it for a little cheaper and I shall get better cymbals!
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Good Lord :shock: , if I witnessed that I would have devoured his soul just for the fact that he did this to any Paiste; probably killed him 5 times before he hit the ground had they been my cymbals.
I respect you for your patience and sanity during this event
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:34 am

yes I was like NOOOOOO!!!! in a dramatic slow motion as they toppled over! But I'm over that now. My Paiste's sure have battle scars now but, I respect that and coll with it. But it's like scars because the fact is it will never go away. The fact that they fell down will never escape!
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:48 pm

my god! id be in prison right now had that happened to me. my cymbals mean so much to me, and are my favorite thing about my kit. i tuck them in at night. haha
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals