drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 am

Meinl MB10-MB20
Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 am

I've got Bosphorus, Istanbol AGOP & Zildjian hi-hats, Bosphorus ride & crashes, and an Istanbul AGOP splash..

I'm happy to try any cymbal, but am quite taken with Bosphorus & Istanbul AGOP :D
SCELEDRA
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 pm

I have:
Sabian-HH crash, 2 Vault crashes
Saluda-Earthworks(2 crashes, bell and china)
Meinl-Byzance (splash,ride) Classics (splash,bell) Soundcaster Custom (hats, dist. splash), 3 Generation X chinas
Zildjian-Custom A hats, Zilbel, Custom Z splash,
Byzance-Gold Ride

I have to get rid of:
Zildjian Megabell ride, Z dynobeat hats, custom Z medium crash, zilbel, china boy low
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Opopanax wrote:I've got Bosphorus, Istanbol AGOP & Zildjian hi-hats, Bosphorus ride & crashes, and an Istanbul AGOP splash..

I'm happy to try any cymbal, but am quite taken with Bosphorus & Istanbul AGOP :D

whats series of each have you got?
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm

I currently have a paiste rude medium 20" I use as a ride, a 20" custom UFIP ride, a 19" Sabian Vault crash, 15" mid-60's A hihats...the guitar player adds to the band kit a pair of 14" bosphorous light hihats, 14" 2002 sound edge hihats, 17" 2002 crash, 20" 2002 ride, and a 16" K dark crash. I've really been enjoying recording with the 2002's lately. edit: oh yeah, I have an 18" wuhan china as well.
Last edited by Alan_ on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 am

Mike_Drums wrote:
Opopanax wrote:I've got Bosphorus, Istanbol AGOP & Zildjian hi-hats, Bosphorus ride & crashes, and an Istanbul AGOP splash..

I'll be posting pics later, but currently:

Bosphorus:

Stanton Moore Fat Hats
Stanton Moore 22" Wide Ride
Stanton Moore Trash Crash
16" New Orleans Crash

Istanbul AGOP:

10" Turk splash
(being held) 14" Turk hats

ZIldjian:

10" Special Recording hats
14" top New Beat hi-hat, 60's or 70's era, rarely used but it was inherited, so I can never part with it. I'm warming up to it though :)
RemoteContact
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:11 pm

I have a mix right now but my absolute favorite cymbal is my Dream Bliss 20" ride. It's everything I could ever ask for in a jazz ride. Complex and wild sound to the wash = beauty.
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Opopanax wrote:
Mike_Drums wrote:

I'll be posting pics later, but currently:

Bosphorus:

Stanton Moore Fat Hats
Stanton Moore 22" Wide Ride
Stanton Moore Trash Crash
16" New Orleans Crash

Istanbul AGOP:

10" Turk splash
(being held) 14" Turk hats

ZIldjian:

10" Special Recording hats
14" top New Beat hi-hat, 60's or 70's era, rarely used but it was inherited, so I can never part with it. I'm warming up to it though :)

how do you like those stanton moore pieces?
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals
DrummerByron
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:32 am

I have mixed Zildjian and Sabians but I went exclusively with Sabian because their mid ranged priced cymbals blow comparable Z's out of the water. My set includes a 16" medium crash, 18" med. thin crash, and an 18" china XS20s. A 16" Ozone, 20" B8 Pro Ride, 14" B8 hi-hats, and a 12" B8 splash. I also have a B8 18" china that has a serious warp in it but I still use it on my rehersal kit and sometime live when I feel like lugging it along. I really want to try some of their new APX line. I also want to replace my ride with an APX or something with a better bell. I love the way Sabians sound and how innovative thier designs are.
Drum On! DB :!:
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 pm

i played paiste for 26years straight. tried sabian twice, couldnt find a great ride by them, they have great hihats and crashes. I originally played Zildjian back in 80-83, had amirs etc. switched the paiste cause of carl palmer and whole host of 80s drummers who seemed to monopolize the market back then. I have played Zildjian for the last two years. I think they have the best crashes and hihats in the business. Paiste hands down makes the best rides and chinas. Zildjian's z custom power ride, the a ping ride and k dark medium ride are the only rides i like by zildjian.

I refuse to play mixed sets, just a wierd quirk i have i suppose. Maybe a sad attempt at being "pro" :) But i have thought about making the change to saluda or mienl right now, but saluda hasnt contacted me yet. Meinl seems really close to paiste and have great sounding rides, hihats and crashes. saluda sounds nice too but again , waiting to hear back from them.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
sildniks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:27 am

SGarrett wrote:With the exception of my Wuhan china, I've been able to find all of the voices I want with Sabian.

Exactly the same with me! I've got 14 Sabian cymbals and Wuhan china. I can always find the sound I'm looking for in Sabian assortment.
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm a mixed guy. A custom crashes/splash, Z dynos(13 in )for hats, Z mega-bell ride, old school Avedis China(with the factory holes for rivets), and a Zil-bell. Saluda Earthworks for crash/splash/china. Sabian xs20 for crash.
I think they all work fabulous together.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

audiotech
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:11 pm

I've been playing Zildjian for almost 48 years and just a couple of months ago I gave Sabian HHX Evolutions and an HH Raw Bell Dry Ride a try, great combinations. Thanks to Sam at my local drum shop, after hearing the 14" Evolution high hats, it was all over. I'm not getting rid of any of my Zildjians, just exploring new territory.

Dennis