Octagon cymbal help...

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

a7xjlee
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Hey guys im looking for some more bronze and ive found my next purchase. Its in this video of eric moore playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTohkH1 ... re=related , its the second one he changes round and play's a kind of punk rock beat on it. Problem is i cant find the cymbal on the octagon website and i cant find any dealers HELP PLEASE!
p.s i have my heart set on this cymbal its soo wicked :lol: thanks

EDIT: if i cant get one , any other sugestions for a cymbal that sounds similar . or maybe ill just het jamie to make me one :D
Damian king 2001 "Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitement of the potential"
Olimpass
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:42 am

I could not find the cymbal you're talking about. I went to the Octagon site and it's weird but when I did see them, none of them had the holes like in the vid. (both had holes but he mentioned a 20" with the holes, right?)
a7xjlee
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:50 am

yer your right it is a 20" with wholes , i think i found it but still cant find any dealers.plus i have no idea what its called seeing as its all in brazillian. Well ill keep trying
Thanks for your help much apreciated!

EDIT: This might be it , i belive it might be a power crash seeing as its the only 20" crash in that model http://www.octagon-cymbals.com.br/produ ... mentos.asp
Damian king 2001 "Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitement of the potential"
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:58 am

If he's a highly respected drummer and endorsee, they might have given him a prototype to test out and throw out there in the public eye.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Olimpass
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:02 pm

TheYardstick wrote:If he's a highly respected drummer and endorsee, they might have given him a prototype to test out and throw out there in the public eye.

I've seen a vids of him (Eric Moore) on YouTube.
Yes , it may be a prototype and haven't seen a dealer yet.