How many of you...

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

jranks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:57 am

Saluda's I'm using.... 14" Diamond medium hats, 17" Diamond medium thin crash, 18" Earthworks medium-thin sweet crash, 20" Diamond medium-thin ride, 17" m loco china, 7" voodoo brilliant bell
Ludwig Classic Maples-Ludwig Acrolite-Mapex Black Panther-Pearl Eliminator-Saluda, Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan
Gibson Les Paul, Fender Tele/Strat, Fender Jazzmaster, Fender Twin Reverb, MXR
myspace.com/jranks
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:06 pm

^^ Hey I see you've got a Tele, Strat, and a Jazzmaster.

They MIA or MIM?
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
jranks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:35 pm

The tele/strat is a piece I built last year...It consists of a wine red highway one body with a light mint green pick gaurd and an all parts (american) Fender Licensed maple strat neck. The neck was owned by an old friend for years, so its aging, but actually getting lighter in color on the board. It has a 70's Bartolini Hi A strat pick up in the neck position and an old dark/brown, almost tweed color HOT bridge pickup. The guitar is murder.

As for the Jazzmaster it is a Olympic White American reissue and looks like olympic white did back in the day, it just came into the music store I work at on Wednesday and I had to snag it up....I plan on relicing it on Tuesday.
Ludwig Classic Maples-Ludwig Acrolite-Mapex Black Panther-Pearl Eliminator-Saluda, Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan
myspace.com/jranks
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:37 pm

So far I use Mist X and MLoco.
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:54 pm

jranks wrote:The tele/strat is a piece I built last year...It consists of a wine red highway one body with a light mint green pick gaurd and an all parts (american) Fender Licensed maple strat neck. The neck was owned by an old friend for years, so its aging, but actually getting lighter in color on the board. It has a 70's Bartolini Hi A strat pick up in the neck position and an old dark/brown, almost tweed color HOT bridge pickup. The guitar is murder.

As for the Jazzmaster it is a Olympic White American reissue and looks like olympic white did back in the day, it just came into the music store I work at on Wednesday and I had to snag it up....I plan on relicing it on Tuesday.

Ahh, I see. I can imagine the Tele/Strat just kills. And I have to say I kinda love maple necks.
ImageImageImage
jranks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Mitchell? wrote:
jranks wrote:The tele/strat is a piece I built last year...It consists of a wine red highway one body with a light mint green pick gaurd and an all parts (american) Fender Licensed maple strat neck. The neck was owned by an old friend for years, so its aging, but actually getting lighter in color on the board. It has a 70's Bartolini Hi A strat pick up in the neck position and an old dark/brown, almost tweed color HOT bridge pickup. The guitar is murder.

Ahh, I see. I can imagine the Tele/Strat just kills. And I have to say I kinda love maple necks.

Definitely, its nice to see them age verses the dark rosewood. The tele has a versitile sweet tone. "Round" strat like sound with gritty dirty tele sound, and a light hint of twang.
myspace.com/jranks
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 pm

jranks wrote:
Mitchell? wrote:

Definitely, its nice to see them age verses the dark rosewood. The tele has a versitile sweet tone. "Round" strat like sound with gritty dirty tele sound, and a light hint of twang.

Ahhh, that sounds delicious. How are you likin' the Bartolini by the way? I looked into those, but never really looked too hard.

Also, I bet it sounds ahh-mazing through the Twin Reverb.

EDIT: Eek, we're hijacking this thread. I'll PM you more questions. :wink:
ImageImageImage
jranks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Mitchell? wrote:
jranks wrote:
Mitchell? wrote:

Ahhh, that sounds delicious. How are you likin' the Bartolini by the way? I looked into those, but never really looked too hard.

Also, I bet it sounds ahh-mazing through the Twin Reverb.

EDIT: Eek, we're hijacking this thread. I'll PM you more questions. :wink:

It sounds great, when I got it I tried to look up information but really couldn't find much on the web...just information about Bartolini bass pick ups. The Twin definitely doesn't hurt.... :D

Back to Saluda............
myspace.com/jranks
Cheerful-Bear
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Glory, Mist X, Earthworks, Symbolic, Voodoo Pre-Aged.
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 pm

e139d wrote:I exclusively use Saluda Cymbals. I will never purchase a "mainstream" cymbal as long as Jamie has this company. My music is important enough to me to have my cymbals custom made. 8)

Do you at least still try mainstream cymbals to see if any of them have a sound you like?
Hey My names Dave
Saluda Cymbals

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:27 pm

some mainstream cymbals sound good. I play whatever sounds good. I have saluda, sabian, zildjian, paiste, wuhan, and istanbul. 13 cymbals covering 6 different brands and 11 lines of cymbals. best way to play imo.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:44 pm

anavrinIV wrote:some mainstream cymbals sound good. I play whatever sounds good. I have saluda, sabian, zildjian, paiste, wuhan, and istanbul. 13 cymbals covering 6 different brands and 11 lines of cymbals. best way to play imo.

That's the truth. Being a fanboy of any sort just limits yourself.
ImageImageImage
SGarrett

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 pm

I'd love to try a few but nobody near me has any. Hopefully my banner will get selected and I can pick up a splash to try out.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 pm

anavrinIV wrote:some mainstream cymbals sound good. I play whatever sounds good. I have saluda, sabian, zildjian, paiste, wuhan, and istanbul. 13 cymbals covering 6 different brands and 11 lines of cymbals. best way to play imo.

Always good to experiment with new sounds.
Hey My names Dave
Saluda Cymbals

Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 am

I may get a Saluda china. I'm getting my bottom hat back today, which I had Jamie vent for me :)

I can't wait! I think now it will be perfect. I like dryer sounding cymbals, apparently.