HH Vintage Ride

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

JorickF
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Hey,

I am still looking for a ride to go along with my other cymbals (HHX Stage hats, HH and AA medium thin crashes) and I found this great thing on the Sabian site. :D It's the HH Vintage Ride and the sample sounds really good. Seems really versatile, and... well, I just like the sound. The look of it is stunning too!

I do know that those samples aren't always as reliable... So, before I manage to try one myself: has anyone heard one before? What did you think?

Thanks,
-Jorick
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Okay, I know for sure someone on this board has one and is in LOVE with it, I just can't remember who....
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
skitch
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Mitchell? wrote:Okay, I know for sure someone on this board has one and is in LOVE with it, I just can't remember who....

That might be me.....I don't own one but they are fantastic. I sat in on another drummer's kit and this was just a great sounding ride!
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 pm

i had a HH rock ride, it was nice. i just dont like the hammering on them. but it had a decent ping and an ok ride. with sabians supposed to be zildjian clones, sabian has a harder time making a nicer ride than zildjian does in my opinion. However the HH Power bell is essentially a Z custom mega bell ride.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:54 pm

MrPowerRide wrote:However the HH Power bell is essentially a Z custom mega bell ride.

with the exception that the hh ride has tone and doesn't sound hollow and soulless. also, sabians aren't supposed to be zildjian clones, they're their own cymbals and I think that they make some amazing rides...I have yet to hear a ride that beats my hh raw bell dry ride for my needs.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
MrPowerRide wrote:However the HH Power bell is essentially a Z custom mega bell ride.

with the exception that the hh ride has tone and doesn't sound hollow and soulless. also, sabians aren't supposed to be zildjian clones, they're their own cymbals and I think that they make some amazing rides...I have yet to hear a ride that beats my hh raw bell dry ride for my needs.

Agreed 100%. Sabian seems to be at the top of their game right now and they are producing a plethora of extraordinary cymbals.