Your Sabians + Comments

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bodiesablaze805 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 pm

14" AA reg. Hats( brilliant) PURE AMAZING
14" Pro Studio Crash
15" AAXplosion Crash
21" hand hammered raw bell dry ride( i think thats it)
and 20" XS 20 ride
Creature Drum Co. Kit
20x24, 12x6, 15x13
Ghost Black Satin Stain w/ Brass Hardware

14x7 Hybrid Snare (Green Glitter/Clear Acrylic) {STOLEN}
bodiesablaze805
drumming adept
drumming adept

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby Drumosaurus » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:07 pm

sabian 16" bright crash.
exccelnt crash. when its choked it sounds like the cymbal chokes vinnie does on primal concrete sledge.

Sabian 20" tight ride
nice jazzy sound to it with a small bell that's kinda dark sounding.
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Postby vincemie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:00 pm

SuNoAnBuKi wrote:18 and 19 inch AAXplosion crashes. Love 'em. Couldnt ask for anything better really. I just cracked the 19" one about a month ago .. and I'm thinking of having it cut out cause I'm just not ready to say good bye to that baby yet.

dont mean to insult your intelligence and dont know how long you had the cymbal for but they are covered for a year. call sabian get an rf number mail it back to them and you'll get another for FREE if its been under a year since you had it.
vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Postby shanemunzert » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:42 pm

14 HHX Stage Hats-my personal favorite cymbals, they always cut through and work well for me in many different genres.
shanemunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby dedrummervanrolf » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:52 pm

14" AA regular hats: very nice bright sound, very versatile.
16" AA El Sabor crash: opens very quickly. bright, yet warm tone.
18" AA El Sabor crash: same but bigger:D opens better with a loud hit.
20" AA medium ride: super versatile and clean ride, though I miss some dark tones in this one. Bell is OK, but nothing more than that. I want to get a thinner, darker ride someday soon.
me: www.myspace.com/dedrummervanrolf
my band: www.myspace.com/rolfdeband
Gretsch, Wooding, Ludwig, Sabian. random hardware.
dedrummervanrolf
session drummer
session drummer

Postby sapazi13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:13 pm

xs20 14" medium thin crash: A great cymbal but only if you hit it relatively hard, it just doesn't sound good when hit lightly. I love this cymbal though...

B8 hi hats 14". I don't like them. I really don't. They only sound good when "chunked" with the shaft... you absolutely cannot hit them with the tip of the stick. well, you can, but you wouldn't want to.
NeighborSpaceman wrote:
You only live once, so make a huge f***ing drumset and beat the hell out of it while you still can!
sapazi13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby rigemeister » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am

Yes, I have a lot of Sabian cymbals.
21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride: Best cymbal I own, best ride I've played. Extrememly versatile, cutting bell, dreamy articulation, deep soulful crash, and if you want a bit more wash then just ride it on it's edge. I can't recommend this cymbal highly enough.
13" HH Fusion Hats: Funky vintage sound, with a great chick. These cymbals stand out.

14" and 16" HHXplosion Crashes: Awesome! Dark, simmering, powerful. And very sensitive. Even good to ride on if you want a lot of wash.

15" and 18" AAXplosion Crashes: (I'm soon replacing the 15 with a 20) Some of the best crashes I've ever played. Explosive, shimmering, cutting, sensitive, bright. You have to play them to believe.

18" AA Metal-X Chinese: My first china, and I still love it. Very explosive, with a lot of bite to it. Very bright.

19" Carmine Appice Signature Devastation China: I fell in love with this china. Ultra trashy, very loud, and if you're not careful overpowering. But amazing when you need to keep a constant trashy rythym going.
rigemeister
beginner
beginner

Postby sildniks » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:14 am

Hi!
I'm big fan of Sabian, so i've got a lot of them.
For shows i'm using:
AAX Stage hats 14'', which is the best sounding hat i have ever heard, and i have heard a lots of them.
HH rock ride 20'' it's more than okay, but i'm still very upset with myself, because 22'' would be even better.
AAX metal crash 20'' veeery large and slow responsing crash, with high pitch.
HH medium thin crash 18'' excellent for accents as well as for everything else. :)
Radia (signature) 18'' china (terry boozio) it's hard to describe it if you haven't heard it live. But it's prettey dark and fast responsing, as well as trashy.
HH 14'' mini chinese - opposition for radia. :)

As i said, i'm big fan of sabians, so next to my drum set i'm always keeping some extra cymbals for some hackworks or sometimes just for fun, when i want to play with a little bit wider range of set.

AA medium crash 19''
HHXplosion 19''
AAX stage crash 18''
HHXtreme crash 17''
HH rock crash 16''
Signature neil peart splash 10'' (i guess it's 10'' :? )
Ice bell 12''

It's god to own a lot of cymbals, because if i have to play in some small rooms i can choose cymbals, which are smaller and with smaller '', so in small room they are sounding better, but if big open air festivals i ca use bigger cymbals, ... well, i hope you get my idea. ;D
sildniks
beginner
beginner

Postby Brian L » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:59 pm

AAX-xcelerator hats: i love them very much and i'm going to keep them for as long as they dont crack which i doubt they ever will. great for alot of music types, cant go wrong with AAX i dont think.

HHX groove ride: didnt like it at first because it was way to loud to be a ride...but my ears came around and now i love very much. it was well worth the money i think and i'm going to try and hang on to it as long as i drum. goes great with modern made cymbals like A custom and AAX which i want all my cymbals to be including some or one HHX.

Past sabian cymbals {dont own anymore}

B8 splash: good...cant believe i sold it.
B8 thin crash: i like it
B8 ride: i hated it...worst 100 bucks i ever spent. :cry:
2008 Pearl Forum(black)
Ddrum s2 maple snare(black fade)
Remo Coated Emperor snare head
Remo Pinstripes
Evans Emad 2
Tama Road Pro Pedals
Zildjian crashes
Sabian high hat and ride
PDP/Pearl hardware
Brian L
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby metldrummer2112 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 am

I only own 2, but I constantly play them when I get a chance. I am starting to change all my cymbals over to Sabian.

I have:
18" AA Rock Crash - Absolute best crash cymbal I've ever played. An absolute workhorse of a cymbal. It's very bright, responsive, and almost a little punchy if you hit it right. Also works great for crash-riding.

20" AA Metal-X Ride - Not the best ride I've ever played, but it's up there. Nice ping if you use the right sticks (any nylon teardrop tips), great bell. It's very loud and cuts through on recordings. A little too bright for me, though.
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Postby 5 inches of FURY » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:47 pm

i have the whole B8 pro set-up (plus a stagg splash} and i have to say the best on the set is the 16" crash and i totally agree with NH the ride never stops making that damn ringing noise after u hit it :x :evil:
5 inches of FURY
beginner
beginner

Postby metldrummer2112 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:31 pm

metldrummer2112 wrote:I only own 2, but I constantly play them when I get a chance. I am starting to change all my cymbals over to Sabian.

I have:
18" AA Rock Crash - Absolute best crash cymbal I've ever played. An absolute workhorse of a cymbal. It's very bright, responsive, and almost a little punchy if you hit it right. Also works great for crash-riding.

20" AA Metal-X Ride - Not the best ride I've ever played, but it's up there. Nice ping if you use the right sticks (any nylon teardrop tips), great bell. It's very loud and cuts through on recordings. A little too bright for me, though.

Ahh! My 18" AA Rock Crash broke after 9 months! This was determined not to be my fault and replaced, so it may have either been a defect or just a weak cymbal in general. I had it replaced with an 18" AAX Metal Crash which is way better (in my opinion). It's got a darker and more open tone which is great for my philosophy for what I'll be buying eventually. I plan to buy large sizes in the HHXtreme series for my black metal band since I don't want the drum mixes to stick out from the rest of the track. I would rather undermix them than overmix them, so lower tones are great. Overall, I have (so far) found no fault with this cymbal.

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Re:

Postby metldrummer2112 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 pm

metldrummer2112 wrote:
metldrummer2112 wrote:I only own 2, but I constantly play them when I get a chance. I am starting to change all my cymbals over to Sabian.

I have:

Ahh! My 18" AA Rock Crash broke after 9 months! This was determined not to be my fault and replaced, so it may have either been a defect or just a weak cymbal in general. I had it replaced with an 18" AAX Metal Crash which is way better (in my opinion). It's got a darker and more open tone which is great for my philosophy for what I'll be buying eventually. I plan to buy large sizes in the HHXtreme series for my black metal band since I don't want the drum mixes to stick out from the rest of the track. I would rather undermix them than overmix them, so lower tones are great. Overall, I have (so far) found no fault with this cymbal.

Wowzers, I broke this one too! No more thick cymbals for me!
Replaced it with a 19" AAX Stage crash which is pretty good, but it's still too heavy for me
I also got a 17" AAXplosion crash which is like sex in crash form. Bright, explosive, light, and with a hint of trashiness if you tap it.
And I got a Signature 9" Max Splash, which is one of the best splashes I've ever heard, fast, bright, crisp, and watery
Last edited by metldrummer2112 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Re: Your Sabians + Comments

Postby MrPowerRide » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 pm

17" AAX Xplosion crash is what i have, and it is, as you said, sexy!

I refuse to buy thick cymbals anymore. First off, they are too brash in most applications. Thats why A customs, AAX Xplosions
are the thin types i go after now. vaults and aax xplosions are amongst my favorites.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Re:

Postby Alan_ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Alan_ wrote:20" Vault crash with 3 rivets on the edge: clear, clean, kind of shimmery-sounding thin crash cymbal that works well for washy light riding or crash-riding the edge as well. Responsive.

took the rivets out. see sig pic. looking back I have no idea why I said it was a 20. It's a 19". GREAT all-purpose crash cymbal. I use it for all higher-volume gigs. would work in quieter situations, very responsive, but I have a 16" Dream Bliss for quieter stuff and studio work.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

PreviousNext

Return to General Cymbals Discussion