Paiste Signature Full Crash = the best?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Are Paiste Signature "Full Crash" cymbals better than Zildjian A Custom "Projection" crashes?

Poll ended at Sun May 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2
RANKBand.com
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:15 pm

I am a "Zildjian guy". I don't know much about Paiste, but I have learned that the Signature series are their top of the line cymbals. I have a complete set of Zildjian A Custom and A Custom Projection crashes that, until now, I thought were the best sounding crash cymbals in the world. I just got back from Guitar Center looking for a less bright sounding cymbal than my A Customs, but I found an even brighter, more powerful cymbal in the Paiste Signature Full Crash.

Were my ears deceiving me or is this the most badass crash cymbal ever made? Of course, I can't afford them and the market isn't flooded with used ones like it is with Zildjian's, so I guess I won't be getting one anytime soon. I'm just curious about everyone's opinions, especially those who use all Paiste cymbals.
Rem
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:13 am

There is no best

but i reckon they sound worlds better
Drumming is my passion.
Recording is a habit.

R.I.P Mitch Mitchell
RANKBand.com
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 am

Even if they are the best, there seems to be little interest in Paiste. If I would've posted this in the Zildjian section it would've had 10 posts. Geesh. I don't know how they stay in business. With such quality products they should be dominating the market...of course, if they lowered their prices this would probably happen without much effort. I can only be lead to believe that it is very difficult for them to make their cymbals and therefore they can't be competitive. That is a lame excuse though, because all cymbals I bet are far overpriced anyways.
ultrastu
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:28 am

The full crashes do what they say on the tin, I have found projection crashes tend to be quite bright cutting and modern. I think they are a bit thicker than the paistes. The full crashes have a broader range and feel a bit more open and bigger however they don't have the same articulate cutting as the zildjians. Personally i use full crashes and find them great because they are really versatile and fantastic sounding.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:19 am

i have an 18" full crash. I used to think that they were everything a cymbal could be, but since then my mind has changed. I really want to replace it actually, but it is no doubt a great sounding cymbal.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
RANKBand.com
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Interesting. Two respectable replies both stating that perhaps the Paiste is not much better. Thanks guys, maybe this will prevent me from obsessing over something I can't afford!

:)
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master
Location: Chula Vista, (A community within San Diego) California

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:20 pm

From my recent purchase of a Paiste Signature Full Crash 18", I was very pleased but would have rather gotten a louder cymbal, but that was then, now I realized I needed to mix it up a bit and get some medium-loud cymbals, and freakin' loud cymbals.
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm a Paiste guy myself, and I would recommend trying the new "Heavy Full Crash" if you can find it anywhere...those things own in my opinion. Heavier than the regualr Full Crash but has the reflector finish giving it an initially osfter attack to open open more in lower AND hiogher volumes.

Sigs cost an arm. a leg, and a spleen +interests, so I'd say just check some other stuff out from them, they have some interesting products.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
Devindrummer12
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:03 am

The signature fast and signature fulls are my favorite cymbals in the world.
Lancelot Frosty
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 am

I can't say much about the cymbals, but there is no best cymbal, because it's all about opinion.
Original Frosty.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:18 pm

In my oppinion the paiste signaure full crash is the best sounding crash cymbal made.
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
jaundiced
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Incredible cymbals. The reflector full heavy crash is a close second, but I haven't heard a crash I prefer over the full. I've owned several and they're worth every penny.
blasting tools provided by Trick drums and pedals, paiste cymbals, Hornets drumsticks
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:55 am

heavy full's are better than fulls in my opinion.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
slushpunk
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

I have

17, 18 sig full crash
17,18 sig ref HEAVY FULL crash
and 17 alpha rock crash

love my set up , the full crashes are the best crashes I have ever heard I tried everything

I also had a ZILDJIAN A custom medium 17" and it is great but it was not as nice as the full crashes so I sold it
Last edited by slushpunk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 pm

RANKBand.com wrote:Even if they are the best, there seems to be little interest in Paiste. If I would've posted this in the Zildjian section it would've had 10 posts. Geesh. I don't know how they stay in business. With such quality products they should be dominating the market...of course, if they lowered their prices this would probably happen without much effort. I can only be lead to believe that it is very difficult for them to make their cymbals and therefore they can't be competitive. That is a lame excuse though, because all cymbals I bet are far overpriced anyways.
in the 80s i believe it was an even split with paiste and zildjian. at least with the music i listened to (glam rock, heavy metal) most of the big hair bands played paiste and all had advertisements in such magazines as Circus and modern drummer etc. I believe paiste stopped in their tracks cause of marketing. Do i think they make a better product than zildjian (who i currently use) or sabian. no. Without a doubt i will always say paiste makes a better ride and china than any other company. but again their marketing has stopped and i believe that and their higher prices hurt them. As far as running out of business, paiste is still immensely popular in europe and still holds the #3 position in USA sales. Paiste's signatures are no more expensive than K cymbals by zildjian. infact the K constanoples are probably the most expensive cymbals made period. over 440 for their hi hats. sigs are only slightly higher than A customs. paiste's cymbal making process is very similar to the other three, its just paiste tries to make all cymbals sound the same by making castings in mass from the same pour. other than that its pretty similar to the rest.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums