LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby randomdrum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:52 pm

galgano16 wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:How about we forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream. Maybe it would help others give advice if i asked exactly what sound you are after. You have said loud, but is that all you are after? any other characteristics?

Just becuz we're focusing on this one specific characteristic for this topic doesn't make it safe to assume that all we were worried about was volume range, any drummer for a fact should know that there are many more other qualities besides volume range that make a cymbal a good cymbal

Seriously mate, read your posts, you are coming across as being dickish for no reason and saying things that don't need to be said. Unless you intend to...in which case, my bad.
Random Hand
Me!!

Mapex Drums
DW8000 Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Vater Sticks
randomdrum
session drummer
session drummer

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby I love Cheese and drums » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 pm

AA Metal X, AAX Metal, A Customs Mb 20's, Byzance, Mist X, Diamond, K's, 2002's (maybe I never could get into anything Paiste offered except their dark energies.)
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Postby I love Cheese and drums » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Oh I for got about AAXplosion Crashs those are LOUD!
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Postby anavrinIV » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:37 pm

mist x cymbals are some of the loudest I've ever heard and they can be made thin as you want them. I have a thin crash that is very loud for its weight. personally I've never liked thick cymbals. my aaxplosion is as loud as any z custom I've ever heard and its a medium thin and very musical.

Oh, and the title of this thread is "loud ass metal cymbals" so don't get offended when people give their opinion of these "loud ass metal cymbals".
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Postby Mike_Drums » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 pm

drummerduba wrote:
Alan_ wrote:unless you're a cymbal.

im sorry but that comment was hilarious :shock: :shock: :lol:

nuff said
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby TheYardstick » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:02 am

I find that 2002 Paiste 18" Crash is far louder than my 16" AAX Metal Crash.

The only thing is that it's a bright and shimmering cymbal, compared to the dark tones of the AAX, so it might not be what you're looking for.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Postby dor44 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:10 pm

i love that comment hehehehh that was hillarious! (duba) :D
dor44
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby drummerduba » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:27 am

ya know you are a cymbal when ya start using cymbal cleaner when in the shower
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Postby Kris » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am

galgano16 wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:my a customs are better suited for metal than any of those. because theyre musical. just like the metal I play. I dont like noise and i don't like noisy cymbals. the zildjian z's and paiste rudes seem like someones idea of a weird joke to me. "hey lets make these really really thick cymbals that you have to hit impractically hard to just get to open up)

Theres soo many things i see wrong with making a cymbal that thick. I'll name some of them now

1. Like i already said you have to hit them soo hard to get them to open up. they sound like trash can lids when you play them softly
2. they break under theyre own force from vibration
3. they make cymbal swells sound like crap and near impossible to play
4. since you have to hit them so hard to get them to open up, by the time they actually open up, theyre already somewhere around theyre max volume. so theyre dynamic range is terrible

I always tend to hear people complaing about how thicker cymbals always break and crack easier becuase of the way their made. What's the matter with you people? I've not alway but for most of the time have played cymbals on the heavier side for years, and none have broken or cracked on me yet, even after years of constant playing. Maybe some people just don't know how to mount their cymbals right, their either on the stand to tight or to loose, and you are not hitting them properly. It's also not nice to bash people's opinions on way they think of certain cymbals, some people like the thicker cymbals, and its' all about personal preference, which everyone has. And as for the thing with opening up and dynamic range, the reason why you play drums is to be musically creative and to have various cymbals of different kinds of to make the sounds that are needed to be made. People on here are talking to me as if all I have are thick and loud cymbals, and I never said that. It's not ALWAYS safe to assume things from what they say; and to put words in people's mouths is bad. Play whatever you think sounds good and musical, that's what I live by.

Well, Ok lets look at this, the post does say LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS....which gives the impression that you are not overly concerned with playing dynamics other than loud and are probably a hrad hitter. Anthrax had a great line in one of their tunes...."think before you speak or suffer for your words." - Caught in a Mosh I believe it was. I have been playing Metal for all of my playing career and I don't use any of those cymbals ...I use Zildjian K's and A's , and I have never had a problem being heard . Playing isn't about being the loudest. it's about using skill and technique to bring sounds to life so that they express what you want to say at all levels. I do agree that people should experiment with a variation, but people here get way to attached to the thought that there is only one type of inmstrument for a specific type of music....and that is so off the mark.
Be Strong to Endure - Endure to be Strong !
www.krisardolino.com
http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino
Kris
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby ObZen88 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 pm

SGarrett wrote:I'd take AAX Metal Crashes over any of those choices. :)

+1
ObZen88
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby antiunderscores » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 am

randomdrum wrote:
galgano16 wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:How about we forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream. Maybe it would help others give advice if i asked exactly what sound you are after. You have said loud, but is that all you are after? any other characteristics?

Just becuz we're focusing on this one specific characteristic for this topic doesn't make it safe to assume that all we were worried about was volume range, any drummer for a fact should know that there are many more other qualities besides volume range that make a cymbal a good cymbal

Seriously mate, read your posts, you are coming across as being dickish for no reason and saying things that don't need to be said. Unless you intend to...in which case, my bad.

If thats intended at me, sorry i'll try to choose my words more carefully in the future
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Postby randomdrum » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

No, it wasn't. You were being nice :)
Random Hand
Me!!

Mapex Drums
DW8000 Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Vater Sticks
randomdrum
session drummer
session drummer

Re: LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Postby DanielTBO » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:55 am

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but thicker cymbals makes your sticks last shorter.

The trashcan picture says it all btw.
Greetings from Holland!

http://www.betteroffs.com
DanielTBO
new
new

Postby wmpdrummer13 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 am

Im not really a fan of any cymbal that has metal in it or is designed for "metal".

Zildjian A's and A customs all the way. Im also a huge fan of Paiste ride cymbals. That rude mega bell is the ideal ride for a metal drummer.

Tama Rockstar Custom, Zildjian A Customs and A series cymbals, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, Promark Japanese Oak, Remo and Evans Heads, DW hardware, Pearl Icon Rack, DW 8002 pedals
wmpdrummer13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Alan_ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 pm

I played a 19" RUDE Ride/Crash as my main ride when playing metal. Worked GREAT.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

PreviousNext

Return to General Cymbals Discussion