LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Postby galgano16 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:49 pm

For all those drummers out there there who play metal and very loud music, there are a wide variety of things to chose from; but it comes down to the big 4, it's either Paiste Rudes, Zildjian Z Customs, Sabian APXs, and Meinl Mb20's for the loud and explosive projection that is needed in this music. Outta these, which ones do you like best and why?
Ignorance is a clear indication of a severe lack of intelligence-me
METAL 4EVER!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/ngkillsu
http://www.myspace.com/zombiesforgore
http://www.myspace.com/deception102
galgano16
drumming adept
drumming adept

LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: LOUD ASS METAL CYMBALS

Postby drummerduba » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm

galgano16 wrote:For all those drummers out there there who play metal and very loud music, there are a wide variety of things to chose from; but it comes down to the big 4, it's either Paiste Rudes, Zildjian Z Customs, Sabian APXs, and Meinl Mb20's for the loud and explosive projection that is needed in this music. Outta these, which ones do you like best and why?

It may be true they are the loudest but most of them are thick as f@*k which will mean they break quicker...
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Postby SGarrett » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:02 pm

I'd take AAX Metal Crashes over any of those choices. :)
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
SGarrett

Postby Brother_Bong » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I rock A-customs, not a big fan of the Z's for crashes. I like them for hats and ride though.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Postby drummerduba » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:06 pm

For a nice crisp tone, worthy of metal, I use MEINL Amun Crashes, but the Amun range has been replaced by the Mb8 series for 2008
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Postby Jimbob2020 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Bong wrote:I rock A-customs, not a big fan of the Z's for crashes. I like them for hats and ride though.

+1
DW Collector's
Ludwig Classic Maple
Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau
Meinl Byzance, Zildjian A Custom, Zildjian Platinum Cymbals
DW 5k & 9k Hardware
Evans and Remo Heads
Vic Firth
Jimbob2020
session drummer
session drummer

Postby Rem » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:25 am

drummerduba wrote:For a nice crisp tone, worthy of metal, I use MEINL Amun Crashes, but the Amun range has been replaced by the Mb8 series for 2008

damn i really liked the amun.

ive seen a supermegaheavydeath drummer using thin/jazzy cymbals..............
Drumming is my passion.
Recording is a habit.

R.I.P Mitch Mitchell
Rem
session drummer
session drummer

Postby DRUMSMYWIFE » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:55 am

Paiste Rudes....they mean business!
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master

Location: Chula Vista, (A community within San Diego) California

Postby drumur » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:39 am

I used to like the Rudes.
I have a Zildjian "Earth ride" Brilliant finish that is Killer.
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Postby xdoseonex » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am

my a customs are better suited for metal than any of those. because theyre musical. just like the metal I play. I dont like noise and i don't like noisy cymbals. the zildjian z's and paiste rudes seem like someones idea of a weird joke to me. "hey lets make these really really thick cymbals that you have to hit impractically hard to just get to open up)

Theres soo many things i see wrong with making a cymbal that thick. I'll name some of them now

1. Like i already said you have to hit them soo hard to get them to open up. they sound like trash can lids when you play them softly
2. they break under theyre own force from vibration
3. they make cymbal swells sound like crap and near impossible to play
4. since you have to hit them so hard to get them to open up, by the time they actually open up, theyre already somewhere around theyre max volume. so theyre dynamic range is terrible
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Postby Alan_ » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:45 am

yeah, given that most modern metal drummers are not exactly beating the crap out of their kits, I would think that big thick cymbals wouldn't be the first choice.

I have used relatively thin cymbals when playing death metal in the past, and they sounded great.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Postby drummerduba » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:04 pm

SimpleRem wrote:
drummerduba wrote:For a nice crisp tone, worthy of metal, I use MEINL Amun Crashes, but the Amun range has been replaced by the Mb8 series for 2008

damn i really liked the amun.

ive seen a supermegaheavydeath drummer using thin/jazzy cymbals..............

I think the Mb8 is pretty much the same as the Amun series but different logo

Notice how Chris Adler's Amun crash changed to an Mb8 on his Meinl Website Profile
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Postby galgano16 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am

xdoseonex wrote:my a customs are better suited for metal than any of those. because theyre musical. just like the metal I play. I dont like noise and i don't like noisy cymbals. the zildjian z's and paiste rudes seem like someones idea of a weird joke to me. "hey lets make these really really thick cymbals that you have to hit impractically hard to just get to open up)

Theres soo many things i see wrong with making a cymbal that thick. I'll name some of them now

1. Like i already said you have to hit them soo hard to get them to open up. they sound like trash can lids when you play them softly
2. they break under theyre own force from vibration
3. they make cymbal swells sound like crap and near impossible to play
4. since you have to hit them so hard to get them to open up, by the time they actually open up, theyre already somewhere around theyre max volume. so theyre dynamic range is terrible

I always tend to hear people complaing about how thicker cymbals always break and crack easier becuase of the way their made. What's the matter with you people? I've not alway but for most of the time have played cymbals on the heavier side for years, and none have broken or cracked on me yet, even after years of constant playing. Maybe some people just don't know how to mount their cymbals right, their either on the stand to tight or to loose, and you are not hitting them properly. It's also not nice to bash people's opinions on way they think of certain cymbals, some people like the thicker cymbals, and its' all about personal preference, which everyone has. And as for the thing with opening up and dynamic range, the reason why you play drums is to be musically creative and to have various cymbals of different kinds of to make the sounds that are needed to be made. People on here are talking to me as if all I have are thick and loud cymbals, and I never said that. It's not ALWAYS safe to assume things from what they say; and to put words in people's mouths is bad. Play whatever you think sounds good and musical, that's what I live by.
Ignorance is a clear indication of a severe lack of intelligence-me
METAL 4EVER!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/ngkillsu
http://www.myspace.com/zombiesforgore
http://www.myspace.com/deception102
galgano16
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Alan_ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

who was talking about you? why are you taking it personally? we were talking about thick cymbals. I don't see even one part of doseone's post where he was addressing you personally, unless you're a cymbal.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Postby drummerduba » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Alan_ wrote:unless you're a cymbal.

im sorry but that comment was hilarious :shock: :shock: :lol:
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Next