Stands and pedals

Here you can discuss stands, pedals, accessories, adapters, and any other piece of drum hardware.

Moderator: Moderators

Stands and pedals

Postby Andy Jessop » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:09 pm

:lol: 60s i inherited a lot of Rogers, Premier, Olympic stuff including a belt driven Rogers Bass drum pedal still got and a very sqeaky metal sprung driven Olympic bass drum pedal gone! that would by todays studio standards would be banned. In the 70s I was still a Premier Olympic Beverly user and abuser and did dabble with Maxwin as a bet. I was a big fan of Pearl Hardware in the 90s but screw thread quality is a big issue on the boom stands , hi hat stand and quick release snare stand and heavey gig usage they stripped dead easy hence gaffer tape holding them up together. 1994 bought my first quality bass drum pedal a TAMA power glide which i still use. This was an all alloy pedal that i modified with titanium split pins on the double chain to secure it to the base and pivot it gave you an interchangable felt rubber or wooden/plastic beater with a great looking system it was a legend in inovation so it said on the pedal and developed from the camco pedal it was lighter faster and a dream to use i can out play double peddle merchants and have done so live when they came up afterwards they had confused looks seeing just a single pedal with me holding it on my lttle finger. 2000 i was introduced to Tama hardware and its light weight and durable stands the new generation. The cobra pedal served me from last year 2010. and snare and hi-hat purchased December road pro gear... its puka and they have listened to drummers.....Keep it Real keep it sweet keep it Tama!
Andy Jessop
beginner
beginner

Stands and pedals

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Return to Hardware