My Rogers London 1976 in Gold Metalic

here is the place where you can tell something about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Andy Jessop
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Just recently acquired this kit from a good home..Full history and it has been treasured.
Saw the kit in an add and have been on cloud nine since. so far i have done Three gigs over a fort night. It Rocks. It came with an old Arbor deep chrome snare drum and a Supraphonic 1978 Ludwig chrome 14" snare drum. It also had a full set of Vintage Zildjian cymbals including New Beats late sixties great condition a medium 20" ride a 10" splash a 14" thin 16" rock crash and a 12" Crash.
It had stands and mikes and my promise was that it would be looked after and cared for and used.
What i would say is there are some great deals to be found in the classified adds. just research the kit before you look. Get as much history as possible and enjoy. Because you get more with Vintage and old equipment but you have to bare in mind wear and tear and the chrome plating does wear after time and age. But a mature wood sounds better than a over manufactured kit from New..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I am a big fan of Rogers. Those look nice. They will serve you well!
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
Andy Jessop
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 am

Cheers dude they feel great to play and its something special when I get on them..its like i connect with the history and a warm deep rich sound emulates from the grey primer inside the shells.I think I was very lucky finding them..for just £95.......I just want to give them the same care its owner gave them....and get some enjoyment and fun...Had loads of comments live...i feel like a kid again!
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm

95? You STOLE them. ........ SERIOUSLY!!!!

Dont keep them next to all that sunlight for any great length of time. The Big R era wraps were rather thick, and do not age well, especially if exposed to a lot of sunlight and heat/ temp changes that are dramatic. I have had my set since 1979, and while they are still very nice looking, I am starting to see some checking in the finish. Nothing so drastic as I have seen on some drums, but still, I know its there. And my drums were well cared for. My chrome still looks fabulous. Very Very little pitting, and my mounts are great. You are also correct on the date for your drums.
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
Andy Jessop
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I think there were some quality issues in the build on some that caused the seems to split and delamination is common from as you say a very thick covering and the type and strength of glue used in the build was inferior i have a little on the floor tom but the rest are fine.Its one aspect that killed the Rogers company the complaints regarding the quality of build at the time sunk them. Also the seams lack a good finished edge...That other drums of that period had quality machine finished seamed edges.
Storage I never leave them out in the sun they go back in the cases.The pictures were taken as a one off to set them up for a first play for a little and take some picture's so i have a record to keep. I have a great photo of the Origional owner on stage he was a cool guy.I hope to keep his memory going... :D
xiaodu
new
new

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 pm

glad to join.