Board Clean up

Our members want chenges!
Place new ideas here!
Timekeep69

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 am

I think that the board is a little too cluttered. Here are my suggestions:

Cymbals - There is no need for brand specific forums. Just have a General Cymbal forum, if someone wants to talk about a specific brand, they can start a thread.

Electronics Drums - Condense the three forums into a general Electronic Drums Forum.

Let's Have Fun - This is a useless forum. There's already a chit-chat forum.

Drum Beats - Another useless forum, this could be combined with the Lessons forum.

Drummers World - I don't see a need to make a forum just to talk about a specific drummer.

Heads/Pedals/Accessories - These could be combined into one forum. MAYBE leave a Pedals forum.

Just my $.02
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Our Members can also be replaced with a simple Introduce Yourself sticky in the General Drums Discussion forum.

Vintage Drums can also go, stuff like that belongs in the General forum or Show Us Your Kit sections.

Drum Set is pretty unnecessary as well, I feel questions like that can go in the General Drum subforum.

Snare Drums can also go away, more General Drum Discussion stuff, but I guess it can stay, it depends on what the page looks like with the other subforums gone.

So, under the Drums header, that will be about 4 or 5 subforums with Timekeep's suggestions included.

If the Drummer's World forum is taken away, then my qualms about organization are taken care of seeing as the Chit-Chat forum was relatively invisible surrounded by subforums with much longer names.

There's also a relatively annoying glitch, I think it may be Firefox only, but in every topic, just under the Original Post or OP, there's an empty box, almost a ghost post.

Basically there will only be 2 headers with about 5 subforums each or so.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Timekeep69

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 pm

I think the Drum Set and Snare forums should stay simply because they are used quite a bit and combining them with General Drum Discussion would make that section too big. I think Vintage can go too.

I think that gap is an ad banner space.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Theres only one or two people that even read the vintage forum, let alone post to it.
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
drumqueen
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 am

we have to clean here a little bit;)
Built For Sin
new
new

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:48 am

I agree quite a bit with your first post, Timekeep.
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 am

Bit of a clean up and de-clutter and fewer mods with more sway to deal with people being abusive.

Perhaps a bit of a reinvent in image as well.....
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 am

I think Timekeep is really the only mod that's active and plans on being active.

He's got a new logo lined up as well, check out the thread below.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:14 pm

We should really get rid of two threads as well. The Sgarrett thread just needs to go and I think we should get rid of the "mods have banning powers" thread as well.

My Last.fm