jordison snare

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 am

kplante069 wrote:To start off with this is going to be a rant. I am so F'in sick of these posts. I know the search function sucks but it can't be that hard to find the numeres posts regarding this topic and so many like it! I'll start this honestly by saying I have not played a JJ snare. That being said it's a steel snare! Not maple or birch or brass. It's steel! Other than loud how"good" will it sound? Go play it. If you like it and want to fuel the industry by spending $$ on a piece of steel with some cool looking logo's on it have at it. Do you realy think JJ is using this POS on his kit? All you youngin's need to learn about marketing so you can save some money. If you really feel the need, spend your parents money on it. I'm sure when it comes out of your own pocket you'l look a little harder at what else is around that's really worth the money. OK, rant over. I feel better.

You have a point, most people would buy it because of the logo. And you're also right about him probably not playing it on his set. I've never been a fan of Jordison, I just like the way the snare sounds with the heads I have on it. It's not going to have all the tone or musicality that a maple snare has.

And when I bought it, it DID come out of my own pocket. It cost me my entire salary that I had gotten working at my friend's farm over the summer
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:43 pm

In my experience, all wooden snares have had a MUCH wider tuning range than Steel snares.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
blastbeats666
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:51 am

kplante069 wrote:To start off with this is going to be a rant. I am so F'in sick of these posts. I know the search function sucks but it can't be that hard to find the numeres posts regarding this topic and so many like it! I'll start this honestly by saying I have not played a JJ snare. That being said it's a steel snare! Not maple or birch or brass. It's steel! Other than loud how"good" will it sound? Go play it. If you like it and want to fuel the industry by spending $$ on a piece of steel with some cool looking logo's on it have at it. Do you realy think JJ is using this POS on his kit? All you youngin's need to learn about marketing so you can save some money. If you really feel the need, spend your parents money on it. I'm sure when it comes out of your own pocket you'l look a little harder at what else is around that's really worth the money. OK, rant over. I feel better.

hey dude that was uncalled for. ok so i am a kid and i know only a little bit about marketing but thtat doesn't mean that everything i have on my set was given to me. every peice of the drum set was earned from me working for the past 3 summers. so dont act like im some spolied little punk who gets everything he wants. i worked my ass off trying to get money for my kit.
screw you mike
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am

kplante069 wrote: That being said it's a steel snare! Not maple or birch or brass. It's steel! Other than loud how"good" will it sound?

There's some amazing sounding steel drums out there. Keplinger makes an AWESOME one.

vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:31 pm

i dont have first hand experience with one but dunnett makes a steel shell drum that is pretty sweet looking
kplante069
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm

blastbeats666 wrote:

hey dude that was uncalled for. ok so i am a kid and i know only a little bit about marketing but thtat doesn't mean that everything i have on my set was given to me. every peice of the drum set was earned from me working for the past 3 summers. so dont act like im some spolied little punk who gets everything he wants. i worked my ass off trying to get money for my kit.

The primary reason for my post was in regard to the numerous posts regarding the JJ snare. I"ve seen numerous multi-page post about this drum. I wish people would look around a little bit before starting a new thread. The comment I made about spending your parents money was a general comment about how many kids get there equipment. It was not directed at you specificaly. I'm glad to hear you work to get your owm stuff. I hope in the future you do some research before spend your hard earned money on something like a JJ snare when you could save some of that money by getting the same sound for less.

Alan. I should have better qualified my steel drum comment by saying CHEAP steel drum. There are some fine steel products out there. I was thinking along the lines of "You get what you pay for".
blastbeats666
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am

kplante069 wrote:
blastbeats666 wrote:

The primary reason for my post was in regard to the numerous posts regarding the JJ snare. I"ve seen numerous multi-page post about this drum. I wish people would look around a little bit before starting a new thread. The comment I made about spending your parents money was a general comment about how many kids get there equipment. It was not directed at you specificaly. I'm glad to hear you work to get your owm stuff. I hope in the future you do some research before spend your hard earned money on something like a JJ snare when you could save some of that money by getting the same sound for less.

Alan. I should have better qualified my steel drum comment by saying CHEAP steel drum. There are some fine steel products out there. I was thinking along the lines of "You get what you pay for".

ok im sorry that was my fault for not searching for the topic before i made the thread but ive tried it out and i like the pop and the sound to it, so once i get the cash ill consider it in the list of stuff i want. but i have a wood snare right now and im thinking about keeping the wood snare and putting it off to the side for the JJ on the side. but if i can manage the $$$ situation then i think it would be a good purchase.
screw you mike
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Pro Tip: Anything JJ related is likely to be one of the most discussed things on this forum.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:11 pm

TheYardstick wrote:Pro Tip: Anything JJ related is likely to be one of the most discussed things on this forum.

+1
You have a point there. Him or travis barker. JJ wouldn't be so bad if it wern't for all the "Maggots" who ruin his reputation.
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."