Pork Pie Brass Patina snare

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:21 am

Anyone tried these out? Any clue as to how much they go for?

http://www.porkpiedrums.com/products/snares/brasspatina.htm

I know it's a painted finish, not a true patina.. Interesting nonetheless.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 am

Patina finishes aren't generally painted on. It's probably a chemical that is applied to the metal to create the illusion of patina.

If it's made in the US, price is probably between $500 and $700. There is a dealers link on their site. Contacting a dealer would be the best way to find out the price.
Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

True; and my local store will do Pork Pie..

But for $500 or more, I'd either buy a semi-prepped shell or contact PJ. $300-400, I'd buy it from a store, provided I had the funds.

I don't like to ask my local store unless I know I'm going to buy from them, you know?
1e&a
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08 am

I saw one of these on sale at guitar center for $300. I really liked it. If i didnt own the big black brass, i would have picked it up. A second brass snare isnt a practical choce for me right now. Even though i thought it was one of the best looking drums ever. it was denfinetly a chemical patina finish. A natural wash of greens and browns. The sound was killer too. I would like to hear it again tuned a little lower, to take advantage of the 7" depth of the drum.

I considered trading in the Big Black for this one, but the BB was the first drum i ever owned. I'm too attached to it to let it go.
Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:27 am

1e&a wrote:I saw one of these on sale at guitar center for $300. I really liked it. If i didnt own the big black brass, i would have picked it up. A second brass snare isnt a practical choce for me right now. Even though i thought it was one of the best looking drums ever. it was denfinetly a chemical patina finish. A natural wash of greens and browns. The sound was killer too. I would like to hear it again tuned a little lower, to take advantage of the 7" depth of the drum.

I considered trading in the Big Black for this one, but the BB was the first drum i ever owned. I'm too attached to it to let it go.

Cool, you've tried one. Thanks for the feedback!

My first (acoustic) drum is my Pig Lite acrylic snare; I'll never part with it :)

I'm going to have to check this snare out now, seeing as it's about the price range I'd pay for it.. Not that I have $300 at the moment.