dennis chambers snare.

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:05 am

Anyone play it?
I'd like to know if its any good,
And what kinda range it has.
disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Anybody? Come on someone here has to have played it.
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:40 am

Sorry dude but no. I guess thats a Pearl snare. I love my Masterworks snare. I guess it will be good. What are the dimensions?
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 am

To be honest I cannot remember off my head,
Maybe 14x6?

I cannot remember for some reason
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:57 pm

I love Dennis' snare sounds, btw I've seen him live with Clapton and he changes snares like he is using napkins, but I have not been able to play his snare but It seems like it just a maple drum.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
J-rod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:03 am

ive played this snare
i love the dual throw offs and that it comes with die cast hoops. Its a great sounding snare. i cant speak towards it tuned low because the one i played and heard was cranked fairly tight but i can say that tight it sounded great. very sensitive and articulate, great for ghosting but with a deafening crack of a rim shot for the back beat.
dw collector series maple
zildjian and saluda cymbals
dw and yamaha snares
dw hardware
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:45 pm

AmnestysLowEnd wrote:I love Dennis' snare sounds, btw I've seen him live with Clapton and he changes snares like he is using napkins, but I have not been able to play his snare but It seems like it just a maple drum.

Thats the truth of the matter, his name is stuck on a snare to sell. Although he probably has one or two of these snares around, he uses whatever snare(and make thereof) he needs for the moment. So don't just go on the name. I've owned 5 Pearl snares in my time, 2 sucked, 1 was average and 2 were brilliant (still own the Masterworks), the company is not infalable, Just go check it out first.

When Pearl make a great Snare, they really are great.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Steaky wrote:
AmnestysLowEnd wrote:I love Dennis' snare sounds, btw I've seen him live with Clapton and he changes snares like he is using napkins, but I have not been able to play his snare but It seems like it just a maple drum.

Thats the truth of the matter, his name is stuck on a snare to sell. Although he probably has one or two of these snares around, he uses whatever snare(and make thereof) he needs for the moment. So don't just go on the name. I've owned 5 Pearl snares in my time, 2 sucked, 1 was average and 2 were brilliant (still own the Masterworks), the company is not infalable, Just go check it out first.

When Pearl make a great Snare, they really are great.

oh yeah totally dude. He was playing brass snares, copper, steel snares, and probably different species of wood snares to aat that one concert.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Yea, I was wondering about the signature snare, I did some research on his particluar ones he uses, he goes across the board,