Mapex Phosphor Bronze

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 am

ive been thinking about getting one, but first id like some opinions, how do they sound? worth the price? and i know its black panther so id expect some good quality right?
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals
SCELEDRA
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:06 am

So good! I love mine to where it has been getting some serious time over my Gretsch and that's saying something. Loud,warm, but no more ring than my Gretsch. I have the 6.5" Hammered and I got it on Ebay for $280 shipped. I see them on there, here and there, so it's worth keeping an eye out for them. I haven't played with different heads or tuning variations since I got it so I don't know it's full capabilities. Mapex has really surprised me with the quality of the drums they are putting out. I used to slag them big time, no more. I recommend the snare!
Todd
new
new

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 am

I've been thinking about getting a new Mapex snare soon actually, might have a look at this one.
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:36 am

what gretsch snare are you using?
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
SCELEDRA
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 pm

So Is The Drummer wrote:what gretsch snare are you using?
That is an excellent question! I dunno, I bought it from a professional drummer/musician here and when he said he was selling his Gretsch I snagged it. Honestly I've been trying to find out what series/wood it is exactly. It's 14 x 7, with the silver interior coating, with a wood batter hoop(that I installed and either maple or walnut. I'm going to assume maple w/ a walnut finish. It's at least a decade old, that's how long I've had it anyway, officially it's a 6th badge, so anywhere from '81-late 90's. I use coated emperor batter and ambassador reso and it has been my main snare since I got it, replacing my Acrolite.