Tama WARLORD series! Thoughts???

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

iminaband
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:47 am

I have been drueling over these snares for quite sometime now. Has anyone actually played them or heard them in person.. I am particularly interested in the bubinga one and the Spartan...

All input welcome..

DC
It's not how good you are, just how good your equipment is :) Um... NOT
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:14 am

I've heard the bubinga kit and it is awesome!
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
Timekeep69

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 am

The only one I've seen in person is the bell brass snare. I think $1600 is WAY too much for any snare drum in production. Plus it weighed a ton.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 am

Timekeep69 wrote:The only one I've seen in person is the bell brass snare. I think $1600 is WAY too much for any snare drum in production. Plus it weighed a ton.

I guess if you're the only one to make a product, you can name your price a little more easily. those bell brass drums are amazing.
prowler029
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm

ive wanted the bell brass since they came out, i love the sound and they look badass but i dont see them being worth the price
"I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

PDP FS
ZILDJIAN
VATER
EVANS EC2, EMAD 2, ST DRY
Kris
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

I think that they are bad ass, and I want one...and I'm not even a Tama fan. But man are they expensive.
Be Strong to Endure - Endure to be Strong !
www.krisardolino.com
http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino
Kilometers
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 pm

My thoughts are...your snare is not that important to spend $1600 on. You complain about having to carry cymbal stands everywhere. If you get a bell brass, you'll be complaining even more. For the price of that snare, you could get high end cymbals, new hardware or if you look hard enough, a vintage kit. I've never heard the snare so I can't judge if it's a good purchase or not, but c'mon the crowd you're playing for doesn't care what the snare drum sounds like. They're out there to hear music, not to critique your gear choice.
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 am

iminaband wrote:I have been drueling over these snares for quite sometime now. Has anyone actually played them or heard them in person.. I am particularly interested in the bubinga one and the Spartan...

All input welcome..

DC

I didn't think you were a fan of Tama given you post in the drums section :-P

That bell brass is insane, lovely snare!
iminaband
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 am

Rob Crisp wrote:
iminaband wrote:I have been drueling over these snares for quite sometime now. Has anyone actually played them or heard them in person.. I am particularly interested in the bubinga one and the Spartan...

All input welcome..

DC

I didn't think you were a fan of Tama given you post in the drums section :-P

That bell brass is insane, lovely snare!

HAHA, actually no!! I am not a big fan of Tama. I think some of there "higher end" gear sounds good but nothing to write home about. But, I really dig this warlord series.
It's not how good you are, just how good your equipment is :) Um... NOT
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:42 am

I've played the Maple one too, ltd edition 13" x 7" and it's also very nice. However I have a MM custom same sizes and that sounds fantastic, so the only reason I could find to buy it was the ltd edition and fact it looked sick.

It wasnt overly expensive compared to other snares either.
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:04 am

Kilometers wrote:My thoughts are...your snare is not that important to spend $1600 on. You complain about having to carry cymbal stands everywhere. If you get a bell brass, you'll be complaining even more. For the price of that snare, you could get high end cymbals, new hardware or if you look hard enough, a vintage kit. I've never heard the snare so I can't judge if it's a good purchase or not, but c'mon the crowd you're playing for doesn't care what the snare drum sounds like. They're out there to hear music, not to critique your gear choice.

Your snare is THE most important drum on your kit! :!: What drum do you hit more?
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
Sudz
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 am

It's a boutique item for people who want boutique items. It's not really a workhorse, take me to a bar with 20 people in it kind of snare.

That being said, I would never spend that much dough on 1 drum. I got my C&C snare for $480 and I would bet it that an untrained ear couldn't hear the difference between it and a $1600 snare in a live or recorded mix.
Gretsch Renown 9x12, 16x16, 20x22
Yamaha Stage Custom 8x10, 9x12, 16x16, 17x22
C&C Custom 6x14 maple snare
Gretsch Renown 6.5x14 maple snare
Porkpie piglite 6x14 clear acrylic snare
Sabian HHX and Zildjian K cymbals
Howepirate

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:18 pm

I'm not a fan and mostly agree with Sudz first sentence. Drums are meant to be played, not collect dust.

Same with cars :P (drivin that is)
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:19 am

Howepirate wrote:I'm not a fan and mostly agree with Sudz first sentence. Drums are meant to be played, not collect dust.

Same with cars :P (drivin that is)

You know I agree with in one way, but Vintage Drum collectors have been hoarding Drums for years now(talk to the mighty Ploughman). There's a 60's Rogers Dyna snare on Ebay right now for £1400 which is way over $2500 U.S! Collectable yes, does it sound like that amount of money..................well great snare but probably no. It's just the way it is. Warlords with all the daft trinkets fitted to it, plus a presentable professional sound equates to a price tag, because Rich daddies will buy it for there little angel because it's expensive and exclusive and collectors will buy it because it's Rare. Sure there will be some of us who buy one to play one, but hey most of us will carry on with 'normal' gear.

I'm not an expert on Tama, but maybe you guy's should check out a normal Tama snare made from Bubinga. It may present less of a price tag but sound and play the same?
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
NocturnalDrum
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 am

In my opinion wayyy too expensive....want more bang for your buck? Black Beauty Pork Pie (Like $200) or the Chad Smith Signature by Pearl (around $250).

Stay away from any Pork Pie Acrylic....horrible.
"Ain't Here For A Long Time, Just Here For A Good Time."