$15 brand new tama snare

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:02 am

thats right. power of garage sales. posting pictures soon...
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
sapazi13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:51 am

Wow! :shock:
NeighborSpaceman wrote:
You only live once, so make a huge f***ing drumset and beat the hell out of it while you still can!
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Damn, I need to find a deal like that for a nice tube amp....
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
Timekeep69

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:00 pm

I got a free Tama, Swingstar snare.....a guy brought it to me to fix up and never picked it up.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Timekeep69 wrote:I got a free Tama, Swingstar snare.....a guy brought it to me to fix up and never picked it up.

Lol!
ImageImageImage
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Mitchell? wrote:Damn, I need to find a deal like that for a nice tube amp....

always watch eBay, garage sales, 2nd hand stores and the dump. My friend got given an old electric that a friends grandpa found at the tip, it has some amazing clean tones! and after we set it up right the actions fairly good as well. And dont forget to get good speakers, people seem to just forget the difference they make...
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:45 pm

antiunderscores wrote:

always watch eBay, garage sales, 2nd hand stores and the dump. My friend got given an old electric that a friends grandpa found at the tip, it has some amazing clean tones! and after we set it up right the actions fairly good as well. And dont forget to get good speakers, people seem to just forget the difference they make...

That's the truth.

My guitarist went on like a pawn-shop raid and got a Fender Deluxe, Fender DeVille, Fender Bassman, Vox AC30, Fender Vibro Champ, and two Strat's I think.

I'm going to get a Valve Junior just to spend some quality time modding it.
ImageImageImage
jermsywermsy
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:03 pm

Mitchell? wrote:
That's the truth.

My guitarist went on like a pawn-shop raid and got a Fender Deluxe, Fender DeVille, Fender Bassman, Vox AC30, Fender Vibro Champ, and two Strat's I think.

:shock: that is quiet the steal your friend got!
three peice Premier drums
Ludwig and Pork Pie snares

www.myspace.com/jermsywermsy
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:48 am

jermsywermsy wrote:
Mitchell? wrote:
That's the truth.

:shock: that is quiet the steal your friend got!

I know, the cheeky bastard made off with an absolute load of quality gear... :)
ImageImageImage
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Mitchell? wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's the truth.

Once i get a car thats all im going to be doing! is the valve junior the Epiphone 5 watt head? what kind of tube/s does it run? I'm looking to replace my tubes but because there are basically no good musical instrument stores around here i need to go online... once again. :roll:

I've always wanted to mod amps and pedals, but i realized i just suck, maybe one day i'll get the money to have a chance.
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:27 pm

antiunderscores wrote:
Mitchell? wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's the truth.

Once i get a car thats all im going to be doing! is the valve junior the Epiphone 5 watt head? what kind of tube/s does it run? I'm looking to replace my tubes but because there are basically no good musical instrument stores around here i need to go online... once again. :roll:

I've always wanted to mod amps and pedals, but i realized i just suck, maybe one day i'll get the money to have a chance.

Yeah the Valve Junior is a 5-watt combo, or head.

It runs these:

Preamp: 12AX7
Poweramp: EL84
ImageImageImage
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 pm

I just got a case of 4 audix drum mics for $85 on Craig's List
a D4, two D2, and a D1
These sell for close to $200 each.
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Yard Sales
I also got a brand new(still had bag from the box) 12" TAMA Imperialstar Tom with a metalic finish for $20
I got an SKB golf case that's the same as their trap (cymbal stand case) for $10
AKG headphones $1
heavy Duty boom mic stand $10
Old Ludwig Speed King $5
I've gotten many other things but can't remember them all.
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Mitchell? wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:
Mitchell? wrote:
antiunderscores wrote:

That's the truth.

Yeah the Valve Junior is a 5-watt combo, or head.

It runs these:

Preamp: 12AX7
Poweramp: EL84

Is the EL84 very common? the 12ax7 is obviously everywhere, but i havent seen many EL84's around, then again my amp head runs (to my knowledge) 2 6L6's and 2 6V6's each pair in push pull combination, plus 3 12ax7's, os i havent really looked around for EL84's. Thinking about it now, later down the track i might actually look into a low powered single tube amp beause i've heard the wiring is extremely simple when they arent in push-pull combination so that might be a good point to start at.
Dont forget to look second hand, I've seen a fair few good deals for Valve juniors when i was looking. and good luck with your modding keep my posted when you get going with that...
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:47 pm

hey. thats a coincidence timekeep, cause mine is a swingstar too. and imo, it rocks. when i really hit it, the crack it makes is just so awesome. my camera's broken, but ima try to have pictures up tomorrow.
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.