Multi-Timbre Snare Strainer System

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

shanemunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 pm

I was looking at these and there pretty spiffy. Anyone know where I can find more info or place to buy them?
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 am

Are you referring to the Pearl symphonic series snares? They have this system in place. There are 3 separate strainers that control a set of light cable snares, heavy cable snares, and wire snares. The Dennis Chambers snare as a dual throw off system, but I do not know as much about it so I won't comment as I don't want to provide you with any bad information.

If you are in the USA, you can order these through online outlets like Cascio Interstate Music, Woodwind and Brasswind, and I believe Massmusic.net can acquire them too. The guy who runs Massmusic, Andy, is a pretty cool cat and would let you know one way or the other if he could acquire it for you. If you are in Europe, thomann.de appears to have them on their site as well. I am not familiar with their policies regarding shipping outside of the EU if you are somewhere other than Europe.
J-rod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

black swamp percussion snares also have a system like that, but i have no idea where you would find an aftermarket system that is similar
dw collector series maple
zildjian and saluda cymbals
dw and yamaha snares
dw hardware
shanemunzert
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:02 am

J-rod wrote:black swamp percussion snares also have a system like that, but i have no idea where you would find an aftermarket system that is similar

yea the one i saw was a black swamp but im having trouble finding a dealer nearby, is there any others you may know of?