puresound snare wires

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Sun May 18, 2008 10:19 am

Well the stock wire on my snare broke so i bought a pursound one it does give the snare more pop
but i think there is better ones out there.
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 am

Puresound blasters? Those are pretty much the standard.

You could try out Fat Cat's. I heard those are even snappier.
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
TheLoneGunman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Steaky wrote:I noticed Bodiesblazed pointed out that he got a small improvement (for him) but felt it was not worth the 30 bucks more. Well in any endeavor from musical instruments to pro level sports equiptment, to.......well anything that requires invention and high precision engineering, even a 1/2 percent improvement can cost thousand if not millions (eg think of those running suits in the Olympics for that extra 10th of a second over a guy wearing shorts). 30 bucks on a better snare sound is money well spent if that snare suddenly performs to your expectation. Otherwise we should all just pack this forum in and all play CB kits from the Bedroom up to Madison Square gardens. An extra 30 bucks, or an extra 700 on a Vintage or a Custom Snare? I know what I would prefer to spend.

That's a very good point
My Gear:

Shine Defenition Series Drum Set
Shine Mike Johnston Signature Snare
Saluda Cymbals

http://www.myspace.com/xthelonegunmanx == friend me and say hi

Drumming is Fun!
bodiesablaze805
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:20 pm

it made it sound a little better, but for the same price, i could go buy some wires that will make people crap when they hear my snare. Puresound are not all what they are cracked up to be.

i think fat cats are well worth it
Creature Drum Co. Kit
20x24, 12x6, 15x13
Ghost Black Satin Stain w/ Brass Hardware

14x7 Hybrid Snare (Green Glitter/Clear Acrylic) {STOLEN}
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 am

See we are questioning right down to the Snare wires on our snare drums. That's pretty nerdy (but I love it!). To me Puresound were the first (in the UK anyway) to focus directly on the Snare Bed specifically, therefore raising the Bar. And they have achieved a far more durable product than seemingly before, although there will always be someone out there to claim their ludwig snares have lasted 40 years bla bla. Fat Cat's I've never heard of so good luck to them, I presume they make a product in line with Puresound in cost and quality, if you prefer them great.
Sorry to go off topic, but I've always found it odd when a company turns around expectation in the market place and become so successful they become industry standard(e.g DW), that in time there becomes a huge backlash and people start stating how overblown they are. Then new boutique company's or other Corporates who have been forced to re-think become the heroes. U.S Drum company's had it in the 80's. I've noticed people slating Zildjian and Sabian in favour of Saluda for instance on the Forum. I guess that's just competition/evolution. What will happen to the Massive Saluda PLC company in 15 years time when every Drummer in MD uses them? Will people then say how they where never any good and they're overpriced anyway. Probably.

Just my point of view. Play what makes you happiest.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
DrumsPlus
groove master
groove master

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:08 am

Timekeep69 wrote:Puresounds sound better to me and they are much more sturdy. I have yet to have strands break off a set of Puresounds.

+2 I use the blaster and custom and love them both. I've broken a lot of strands on my other snare wires and really think they sound better, but thats a personal opinion.
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 pm

DrumsPlus wrote:
Timekeep69 wrote:Puresounds sound better to me and they are much more sturdy. I have yet to have strands break off a set of Puresounds.

+2 I use the blaster and custom and love them both. I've broken a lot of strands on my other snare wires and really think they sound better, but thats a personal opinion.

I have Grover bronze wires on one snare, and PureSound Customs on my other four. The PureSound 16-strand doesn't stand out too much, but the 20 and 24-strands seem to have a warmer/rounder/less harsh tone as compared to stock wires.
DrumsPlus
groove master
groove master

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm

christopherabruce wrote:
DrumsPlus wrote:

I have Grover bronze wires on one snare, and PureSound Customs on my other four. The PureSound 16-strand doesn't stand out too much, but the 20 and 24-strands seem to have a warmer/rounder/less harsh tone as compared to stock wires.

How do you like the Grover? I play SilverFox sticks who is owned by Grover, but haven't tried anything else from them.
session drummer

Post Fri May 23, 2008 1:39 am

So how many Snare makers are there on the Market today? Grover who are they?
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
DrumsPlus
groove master
groove master

Post Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 am

Steaky wrote:So how many Snare makers are there on the Market today? Grover who are they?

Grover Percussion is a company that mostly works with concert players. They also own SilverFox drum sticks and make custom snares.

http://www.groverpro.com/default.htm

I have a wood block from them and have played their mallets. I haven't been disappointed with them.
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri May 23, 2008 3:55 pm

DrumsPlus wrote:
christopherabruce wrote:
DrumsPlus wrote:

How do you like the Grover? I play SilverFox sticks who is owned by Grover, but haven't tried anything else from them.

They did the job. I was looking for a really dry sound for my 6.5"x14" Tama stainless. They're the wires, not cable. They seem very delicate so I'm extra careful when handling that drum.
Brian L
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:34 am

I actually purchased the custom puresound snare wires, new remo emperor x and the hazy snare for the bottom for my pearl forum snare all at once. and completely re-tuned my snare. It sounds amazing. I just hope i can find a Emperor X for my 13 Ddrum s-4 snare or and puresound snare wires. i think the wires are just alittle bit heavier than stock wires, causing less buzz and a tighter crack on the snare.
2008 Pearl Forum(black)
Ddrum s2 maple snare(black fade)
Remo Coated Emperor snare head
Remo Pinstripes
Evans Emad 2
Tama Road Pro Pedals
Zildjian crashes
Sabian high hat and ride
PDP/Pearl hardware
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:21 am

I love my pure sound wires I ended up getting them when my second pair of generic snare wires broke.(they got all tangled and one of the wires looked like it was rusting)
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!