Aluminum

You want to know how to build the kit of your dreams...? You can find help here!
Questions and discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Aluminum

Postby Kaos » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:12 am

I need to take it back apart and buff it up but here's my new aluminum snare it's 6"x14" The shell is from McKenzie drums the lugs are Allstar the strainer is Nickel and the butt is Trick. Diecast hoops. I'm really liking this snare.

Kaos
drumming adept
drumming adept

Aluminum

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby Timekeep69 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:48 am

looks killer!
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Timekeep69

Postby LyriCa1z » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 am

McKenzie drums? Do a lot of people on this forum know his work? he is from here in NC and make some killer snares, of all types. He usually uses prefab shells for his wood shell drums but is getting into making his own shells. He fabs some killer metal shells, like your' aluminum up there. Seems like a really nice guy no more than I have talked with him. I didn't realize many people knew of his work outside of NC.
-Pearl Export
-1 up 1 down
-Sabian AA
-Evans EC2 Coated
-ProMark 5A
-Latin Percussion
LyriCa1z
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Kaos » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 pm

LyriCa1z wrote:McKenzie drums? Do a lot of people on this forum know his work? he is from here in NC and make some killer snares, of all types. He usually uses prefab shells for his wood shell drums but is getting into making his own shells. He fabs some killer metal shells, like your' aluminum up there. Seems like a really nice guy no more than I have talked with him. I didn't realize many people knew of his work outside of NC.

Yea, Tim is an aw some guy. He's also working on some Magnesium shells. I got to test drive one a month or so ago and I tell ya it's one of the best sounding metal snares I've ever heard. I've already got dibs on a shell when he gets them made.
Kaos
drumming adept
drumming adept

Return to Masterworks