Hero Custom Drums

You want to know how to build the kit of your dreams...? You can find help here!
Questions and discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cheerful-Bear » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:41 am

Bear Custom Drums? I'll think about it. I'll have to make a new myspace though and what should I do with the tom, I'm going to get my Hero badges today for The Easter Egg and The Kid's Toy.
I'll keep doin some brainstorming. I kinda named it after the band House of Heroes.
Bear is a pretty good idea though.
Cheerful-Bear
groove master
groove master

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby zen_drummer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:31 am

Cheerful-Bear wrote:Bear Custom Drums? I'll think about it. I'll have to make a new myspace though and what should I do with the tom, I'm going to get my Hero badges today for The Easter Egg and The Kid's Toy.
I'll keep doin some brainstorming. I kinda named it after the band House of Heroes.
Bear is a pretty good idea though.

If you put a hero badge on that drum, KNOWING that hereo drums exists, you're REALLY setting youself up for a fall.

Advice... and I mean it... TAKE this advice... Do NOT put a hero badge on those or any other drums. Get RID of your myspace page and make a new one. You're messing with a legitimate business here, and they probably WILL sue you... which being 14 means that your PARENTS will be sued.

Fun is fun... but stop before somebody gets financially damaged.

You're just going to have to take a loss on those badges. To use them is absolutely unethical!

Are you unethical?
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Postby Cheerful-Bear » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 am

What do you mean by unethical? I'll delete the myspace, sir. And just try to sell the tom without a badge.
Cheerful-Bear
groove master
groove master

Postby Alan_ » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:26 am

what he means is that you're putting an already-established business' name on your product. while you might know it's not the same company, and WE might know, someone who has no idea of who you are might go to your myspace page or see that drum with a badge that has an already-established company's name on it and assume you're them. it would be like me making drums and putting TAMA on them. the company could not only sue you for copyright infringement but also for damages resulting from putting out a product that might not be up to their standards.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Postby zen_drummer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:07 pm

And you can't simply turn it into Tama CUSTOM drums, either...

You have to think many years into the future, as well. In 25 years when one of your drums pops up, it will be confused with the ACTUAL Hero drums. Remember that when you're making drums, they will outlast you in all liklihood.

And UNETHICAL means... "lacking ethics"

Do the right thing
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Postby Cheerful-Bear » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok. Yeah, I'll just use the badge to remember when I started making drums or something. :D I'll sell the tom badgeless.
Cheerful-Bear
groove master
groove master

Re: Hero Custom Drums

Postby vincy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:37 am

It's very useful......
I built my own website from the site http://www.thewebpole.com/twp/website-tonight/
vincy
new
new

Re:

Postby Drumosaurus » Sun May 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Timekeep69 wrote:Dude, don't give up just because your first drum wasn't a hit. Take the criticism and learn from it.

I got sued over the first kit I built ( I won).

Learn from your mistakes, it makes you a better person.

In the off chance you're still lurking dml, what did you get sued for?
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Postby Timekeep69 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm

I always lurk. I spend more time deleting spam than anything here.

The customer claimed a bunch of things were wrong with it but he ended up losing.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Timekeep69

Postby HERO DRUMS LLC » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Hello,
This is concerning the name "Hero Custom drums" This name is tradmarked by Hero Drums LLC. I reccommend that you no longer do business under this name. Not sure if this is just a hobby builder or a drum business, but I have had customers telling me they were confused and went to the hero custom drums face book instead of hero drums. If you would like to discuss this matter personally, please contact me via email. herodrums@gmail.com

Thank you in advance for you cooperation
Dan Watts
President
Hero Drums LLC
www.herodrums.com
HERO DRUMS LLC
new
new

Previous

Return to Masterworks