DW vs Orange County

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Timekeep69 wrote:
PDP9000 wrote:
Adonis2121 wrote:I have a set of DW's and though they may be a bit more expensive than most high end kits, I think they are totally worth it. To me its the most unique sounding set of drums out there and one reason is because they make their own shells. OCDP uses Keller shells which are high quality shells but they are also used by a number of other companies, so the unique aspect immediately goes out the door. I know different companies use different styles of bearing edges but in the end its still a Keller drum.

Thats a perfect reason why dw drums are more unique sets they make all their own while OCPD use wood that
other compaines use.

Then DW has only been unique for the past 8 years because up until 2000, they used Keller shells as well.

o really i never knew that.
Danidrums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:35 pm

PDP9000 wrote:
Timekeep69 wrote:
PDP9000 wrote:
Adonis2121 wrote:I have a set of DW's and though they may be a bit more expensive than most high end kits, I think they are totally worth it. To me its the most unique sounding set of drums out there and one reason is because they make their own shells. OCDP uses Keller shells which are high quality shells but they are also used by a number of other companies, so the unique aspect immediately goes out the door. I know different companies use different styles of bearing edges but in the end its still a Keller drum.

Thats a perfect reason why dw drums are more unique sets they make all their own while OCPD use wood that
other compaines use.

Then DW has only been unique for the past 8 years because up until 2000, they used Keller shells as well.

o really i never knew that.

hey Pj, are you really sure of that?! wow I'm surprised

And Damin, 17 000 $ for that kit..........it's just a shame, I think for 17 000 you can have the whole mike portnoy's kit...(with all cymbals and everything)
Timekeep69

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Yes, DW actually used to be a custom drum company when they first started out. They used Keller shells until 2000. They still use Keller shells for larger diameter bass drums and certain snare shell configurations.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!