comments on DW drums

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

drumteacher41
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:11 am

Just got a set of DW drums to try out. Let me know what u think of DW. They sound unbeleavable right out of the box. The snare is killer and the bass is ooutta this world. sizes are :: 22 by 18 bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 toms..Let me know your experiences with this kit....DT41
messeduplefty
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:29 am

One of the rehersal studio has a 6 piece DW kit with. First off, i couldn't believe they'd have a DW kit in one of the rehersal rooms! Second, the sound for the these drums were incredible. The heads were a little beat up, but still had that DW punchy sound.

I've seen a couple used DW kits @ my local music stores for 2K-4k and am looking to upgrade from my Yamaha kit. Just waiting to save a little more.
Susanboy
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 am

I've always been a DW fan, but damn if they aren't expensive.
skitch
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:46 am

drumteacher41 wrote:Just got a set of DW drums to try out. Let me know what u think of DW. They sound unbeleavable right out of the box. The snare is killer and the bass is ooutta this world. sizes are :: 22 by 18 bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 toms..Let me know your experiences with this kit....DT41

I love my DWs!

drummert2k

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:15 pm

great looking and sounding drums. although i would never drop that kind of cash on a kit. my ludwigs sound great on our records, they sound great live, sounded great on our live dvd and look good to. as of right now its my lowest line kit but the one i use 100% of the time because it sounds so killer.
PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 am

dw drums are the best i always use them when im in the studio great sound
m
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

they're not bad- we recorded our first album with a 6pc DW kit and it was pretty easy to work with.
We still have it, but have found other kits whose tones we prefer.
DW is very nice though.
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 am

m wrote:they're not bad- we recorded our first album with a 6pc DW kit and it was pretty easy to work with.
We still have it, but have found other kits whose tones we prefer.
DW is very nice though.

They are brilliant drums. STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Perfect on the road and really cool in the studio. Course you need other drums around in the studio, guitarist have more than one guitar/amp. Every song is different, but they do deliver and are individually sounding(maybe cause there hand built). I've been recently getting into using my 20" dw kik with vintage gretsch toms, thats a great combo.
I also love my vintage luddies but I would'nt take em on the road to die, I depend on my Dubs and they are F@@king great. (excuse me language)
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
stump

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:41 pm

DW makes some FANTASTIC quality sounding drums. Pricey but worth the cost. I believe that they were bought out by PDP. Still the same quality and sound though. Enjoy them!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.