GP drums

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

drummer912
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

i saw a set of these at a pawn shop and havent seen them anywhere else. any of u heard of them?
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Thu May 31, 2007 3:27 am

groove percussion. its guitar centers brand name...basically crap.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
drummer912
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:46 am

lol thanks. i was just wonderin cause ive never seen anybody with them or anything so yea.
drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:17 pm

I know I'm a lil late on this, but I've played on a GP before. The girl who owned them had replaced the heads, and gotten a new pearl snare, but it still sounded a bit off. I basically use her kit for a practice kit when my band practices over at her house, but each time I spend like 45 mins trying to tune them up. So far I've only gotten a moderately pleasing tone from the highest tom. Snare is awesome though. I also use my cymbals because the GP cymbals sound like trashcan lids. The hardware is also crap, but a little bit better quality than a lot of other entry level stuff I've seen.

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.
drummer912
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 am

alright, thanks guys.
DW drums and hardware
Sabian, Paiste and, of course, SALUDA cymbals
Aquarian drum heads