DDrum Dominion Ash Pocket

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

schnitzelmopi
new
new

Post Thu May 24, 2007 9:44 am

Hey, new to forum(account-wise), but have been reading for months. I was looking at a new kit to buy since I recently moved overseas. I was thinking of the ddrum dominion ash pocket kit. First off, I was skeptical about Ddrum, only having seen the lower end kits and the name being generally new to acoustic sets. After reading some reviews my mind is beginning to change. Does anyone on this forum have any personal experience with this kit or at least some more info than the official website and musiciansfriend. The one music shop here that I know of doesn't carry ddrum and knows how only to say prices in english. Online-shopping, hooah.
<b>i am an airman and above all an american
zerodogma
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 pm

I have played on the Ash Pocket kit at a local shop. They are of a fairly good quality from what I could tell (nice finish also), but you will definitely need to change the heads. The supposed quality 2-ply heads it comes with are really cheap and make the kit sound the same. One of the guys put some g2's and an Emad on 'em and they came alive! The bass drum was like a cannon, and the toms were deep and rich (even with the shallow sizes).

If you are looking for a quality kit in the same price range, you might want to check out the Mapex M-Birch. Mapex quality is outstanding, and the few extra bucks you spend will be well worth it.

Good luck in your hunt!

Zero
Stand back! I have a COWBELL... and I am not afraid to use it.........
Saluda Cymbals - B20 never sounded so good...