Ludwig Rocker Elite

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 pm

I bought a Ludwig Rocker Elite about 10 or more years ago when I was a young buck and didn't care about things like construction, bearing edges.... Now I am between a rock and a hard place trying to find said info anywhere. I like the kit a lot so I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd like to know what I'm hearing so I know how to compare it to others.

Anyone know any specs, or play one of these kits?
drummert2k

Post Tue May 08, 2007 5:05 pm

not sure too much about these. im not even sure if they make the rocker line anymore. but i do know that the inner plys of the shell are maple. but not sure about the rest of the plys. i never really did much research on this series kit.
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed May 09, 2007 4:36 am

Is it more of an entry-intermediate kit?
drummert2k

Post Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm

its a pretty low end kit but back then (and even still today) lower line ludwigs were still built pretty great. so even though the price tags were low it doesnt mean the quality was. the only thing i'd look into is the shell material.
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed May 09, 2007 6:57 pm

drummert2k wrote:its a pretty low end kit but back then (and even still today) lower line ludwigs were still built pretty great. so even though the price tags were low it doesnt mean the quality was. the only thing i'd look into is the shell material.

Yeah, the shell material is actually what I was inquiring about. Like I said, low line or not, I love these drums and have done me nothing but good. Listen to any of my recordings and you will hear them in action. All but one that is. I've always been able to make them work.