RMV

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

meinlplayer
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:18 am

Hey, how many of you are familiar with RMV drums?

I've heard that they are fantastic.... many people say they sound at least as good as high end sets like DW.

What are your thoughts? especially those of you who have owned/played RMV kits...
Mapex M Birch drums

Meinl Amun cymbals

Evans G2/G1 coated heads
Rockaflodge
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:04 pm

I played a set at my local drum shop and they sound good, they reminded me more of yamaha then DWs. they have a real nice look to them too.
I Play Hard! I play Loud! I play Pearl!
Daneman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Great sets! A steal for the money. And they produce their own drum heads, which are really top notch, almost in line with the big companies- nothing like most of the garbage stock heads you see on kits.

I'd definitely recommend a set if you can get your hands on them.
randdrum
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 am

I purchased a used (like new) 7 pc RMV shell pack from Bentleys Drums in CA about 4-5 months ago for $800 shipping included. It was a risky purchase since I had never played them before and I was only going off of the reviews I had read online. If you can get your hands on a complete kit .. BUY THEM NOW. They sound phenominal !!!! I honestly like them more than the Tama Starclassic maple kit I played for years. They have the same warm tone as the Starclassics or a Grestch Renown Maple but a crisper/sharper attack ... slightly deeper tone and a little more volume/projection. The 22x18 kick is almost as deep and punchy as my DDRUM 24x20 ash kick. Seriously ..... these RMV's are 100% the real deal. The finishes I have seen are simple but the natural color of the Bapeva maple is very very nice. I like the black hardware ... some don't. The shells are 4mm and extremely light weight (but not in a cheap way). They seem very durable ... able to hold up to any gig abuse. RMV no longer has a US distributor so they are getting tough to find. I just picked up a bunch of extra parts so I'm set. If anyone needs some extra parts (lugs, claws etc...) I will share. I have more than I'll ever use.

Here are a couple bad picks. I can add more once I get a chance to play a few more shows with them. I hope this was helpful.

Asdex
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 am

i tried them a while ago and they're great! buy them if you have the money! the pedals are not bad too! i found it to be much better than the yamies or tama. the sound is much better than the yamaha tour custom and probably are similar to the tama starclassics. get them!
Tama Superstar SX52
Tama Warlord Masai Snare
Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedal
Zildjian A custom, A Zildjian, K Hybrid, FX, ZXT and ZBT cymbals
Remo and Evans heads
LyriCa1z
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 pm

I looked into these. Nice finishes and setup options, but the black hardware is definitely not my thing. They do seem to be a pretty decent line of drums, though.
-Pearl Export
-1 up 1 down
-Sabian AA
-Evans EC2 Coated
-ProMark 5A
-Latin Percussion
randdrum
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 am

Well, here are some newer pics of my RMV kit set up in my ghetto home studio "black room of doom". I just recieved 3 new black RMV boom stands a black RMV snare stand and a black RMV hi-hat stand (not shown in these photos). I am more than statisfied with this kit in every way. I have even grown to appreciate the hardware that requires a drum key for all adjustments. This baby is solid and pro quality all the way. The sound is easily comparable to that of a Tama Starclassic maple kit or a Gretsch Renown Maple. If you can find them ... buy them!

Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:55 pm

that kit looks very nice! id love to hear one
Howepirate

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:05 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/De8Zak9b_qQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/De8Zak9b_qQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RMV drums...not the snare though