Bass Drum Size(help)

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 pm

PaulZILLA, Man... You're killing me with the long run-on paragraphs without breaks and no Upper case letters!

I'm interested in what you have to say, but you could make it easier on these 50 year-old eyes of mine if you could break up paragraphs and use CAPS when you start a sentence!

I'm not dissing on you... Just realize not everybody can read those huge blocks of text without our eyes falling out of our heads!
Eiren
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:27 am

I have a lot of fast double kick parts in our songs, so I use a smaller but deeper bass drum, one that looks like a cannon. For extra effect, add on a subwoofer bass drum too.
PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun May 13, 2007 5:38 pm

LOL. Sorry Zen, I dont mean to make these long paragraphs without caps. Sometimes I just get in a hurry or I dont feel like typing proper. BTW, I LOVE your TRICK Kit, I really do love those pedals. I just wish i had the cash to get some. It has been a while since i made this post, and since then I have tested a great many bass sizes and found the size for me is the 24(head)x22(deep). I got lucky and a local shop let me go in and play around with tunings and things, I guess it helps im in there alot anyways buying sticks and things. I found that tuning the larger heads a lil higher than i normaly would. and then tuning the reso to match or just below that tension helped alot and made the sound quite the way i like it. Keep a lookout on here for pictures of the kit, I expect to be done with the bass drum and snare by late June, early July. The toms will follow afterwards. All should look at my thread/post about New Kit Possibilties Info Needed and give me some input. im having design troubles as far as setup.
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
DevintheGreig
beginner
beginner

Post Wed May 16, 2007 3:31 am

20x16 is my favorite size the end!