-SJC- EDIT Custom Drum Discussion (Now its Religion - be PC)

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:33 pm

http://www.epiarchdrums.com/

they have different set ups already priced. All you do is add the finish you want and select options and there ya go

a 4 piece standard kit is 1480 (toms and kick) and to add the matching snare is 300
Howepirate

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:39 pm

truthkidkyle wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:
truthkidkyle wrote:sjc sounds like every other custom company.
if you hear OCDP, shine, moondrum, spaun custom,
you SJC kit will sound just like it.
truth is worth the 3-400 more in my opinion.
your drums will sound way better,
plus, they really care about their customers and will help you with anything.
also,dont waste your money on stupid things when you order a custom kit.
powdercoating, die cast hoops, wood hoops, its all a rip off,
just get the sizes you need with a nice wrap and youll be set.

sorry to burst your bubble dude but truth is the exact same as everyone else. theyre overpriced keller shells, im sure they dont care about their customers like you want to believe, and they wont sound "way better" than any other keller shells. maple keller is maple keller and there will be subtle differences but nothing that a crowd will be able to pick out. all custom companies will help you with anything because youre going to pay thousands for their set, they want you to spend it again if you want a new set.

plus christian based drum companies dont do it for me...truth, risen, shine...not gonna be getting my money.

you have a problem with christians?

i have no problem with christians...in fact, i play for a church youth band and 3 of the members of my metal/prog band are devout christians. personally its not what i really believe. i dont have a problem with anyone based on their faith but that doesnt mean i have to advertize something that isnt my belief during my favorite hobby. you wont be seeing me play truth, shine, or risen for the same reason i dont wear a turban...its not what i believe.

in understand that..the advertisement puts a label on people ne wayz (now that youve brought this to my attention)

its like ohh their christian..then they are caught drinking or something and people point fingers

just like we point bombs at iraqis...

you are probably the most unintelligent person ive run into on this site.
hahah so your saying that me being sponsored by, and playing truth custom drums is like me wearing a turbin? hahahahahahahAHAH!!! you are speaking of truth out of generalizations. im fairly sure you have never tried their drums. and how would you know what their customer service is like. have you ever talked to them? i dont think i want to argue this out w
ith you though. you are obviously an idiot.

you moron i love truth drums sounds and their looks

i would play them and play the part of a christian since i am one..grow up

IM JUST GENERALIZING CHRISTIANITY

not the company

its just like saying your in a christian band and when someone screws up people point fingers at you because they dont understand the individual just the label

like the "insurgents"...because they dont have the same belief they arent people ..just a label
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:29 pm

truthkidkyle wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:

sorry to burst your bubble dude but truth is the exact same as everyone else. theyre overpriced keller shells, im sure they dont care about their customers like you want to believe, and they wont sound "way better" than any other keller shells. maple keller is maple keller and there will be subtle differences but nothing that a crowd will be able to pick out. all custom companies will help you with anything because youre going to pay thousands for their set, they want you to spend it again if you want a new set.

plus christian based drum companies dont do it for me...truth, risen, shine...not gonna be getting my money.

i have no problem with christians...in fact, i play for a church youth band and 3 of the members of my metal/prog band are devout christians. personally its not what i really believe. i dont have a problem with anyone based on their faith but that doesnt mean i have to advertize something that isnt my belief during my favorite hobby. you wont be seeing me play truth, shine, or risen for the same reason i dont wear a turban...its not what i believe.

in understand that..the advertisement puts a label on people ne wayz (now that youve brought this to my attention)

its like ohh their christian..then they are caught drinking or something and people point fingers

hahah so your saying that me being sponsored by, and playing truth custom drums is like me wearing a turbin? hahahahahahahAHAH!!! you are speaking of truth out of generalizations. im fairly sure you have never tried their drums. and how would you know what their customer service is like. have you ever talked to them? i dont think i want to argue this out with you though. you are obviously an idiot.

im assuming that youre actually replying to my post so ill answer back.

1 - im actually very intelligent, youre misreading and twisting my words.

2 - im not saying that playing a set of drums is like wearing a turban...follow me on this:

----truth is a christian company. if i advertise that i play truth drums people will assume that im christian when im not. (i have nothing against christians, its just not what i believe)

----turbans are, generally, islamic headpieces (kind of like yamalkes to judaism). i dont wear a turban because im not islamic.

no truth drums because im not christian, no turban because im not islamic. follow?

3 - of course a company will have good customer service to you if youre sponsored by them...if other drummers like you then theyll make the company money because theyll also buy truth.

no, ive never talked to the company. no, ive never played the drums. i didnt say they sounded bad. i didnt say they had bad customer service. whay i did say is that they wont be that much better than, say, epiarch to justify me paying a couple thousand extra for them (plus the christian thing, follow?) so i stick by my statement that they are overpriced keller shells. also, im sure that their customer service is good. i never said that i thought it would be bad. i dont think that it would be over the top though, especially for someone they arent sponsoring. ill never find out because i dont plan on buying from them.

in conclusion, dont call me an idiot because you cant comprehend my writing. to me, that tacks ignorance onto your idiocy.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
dtran09
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:33 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
truthkidkyle wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:
Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:

hahah so your saying that me being sponsored by, and playing truth custom drums is like me wearing a turbin? hahahahahahahAHAH!!! you are speaking of truth out of generalizations. im fairly sure you have never tried their drums. and how would you know what their customer service is like. have you ever talked to them? i dont think i want to argue this out with you though. you are obviously an idiot.

[color=deeppink]im assuming that youre actually replying to my post so ill answer back.

1 - im actually very intelligent, youre misreading and twisting my words.

Self proclaimed, eh? :wink:
My Kit: Ludwig CS Custom, Zildjian ZBT hi-hats, crash, ride.
(Not the best, I know, but it's my first.)
drummert2k

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 pm

anavrinIV wrote:

2 - im not saying that playing a set of drums is like wearing a turban...follow me on this:

----truth is a christian company. if i advertise that i play truth drums people will assume that im christian when im not. (i have nothing against christians, its just not what i believe)

this takes the cake for one of the dumbest things i've read on here. i cant remember the last time i saw someone playing a drum kit and instantly wondered to my self "what religon are they". actually.... that never happened.

if you like truth drums then play them, if you dont like them then dont play them.

but dont close your mind off to a good drum company because they are christians running it and you're afraid someone might associate you as that.

im not a christian myself but im not gonna get all crazy about being called that for playing a drum kit i might like.

if you dont like truth drums thats fine, but not giving them a chance because the company isnt "your type of people" might just be preventing you from buying a kit you'd love.
scootermcgee
new
new

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Shine Drums isn't a christian company...that is a totally rediculous statement!

I have heard a number of Shine kits that have blown my mind! I have toured all over the nation for the last year or so and I can't tell you how many sound guys have been talking about Shine kits and how they are killing for some reason. I play a C&C kit and we have teched out a few different guys' Shine kits against my C&C and all I can say is i'm getting a Shine kit next time for sure! Don't know what they are doing over there, but they sound siiiiick! SJC makes kewl kits too man, but those "butcher" hoop things, uhg-lee!
Howepirate

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:13 am

drummert2k wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:

this takes the cake for one of the dumbest things i've read on here. i cant remember the last time i saw someone playing a drum kit and instantly wondered to my self "what religon are they". actually.... that never happened.

if you like truth drums then play them, if you dont like them then dont play them.

but dont close your mind off to a good drum company because they are christians running it and you're afraid someone might associate you as that.

im not a christian myself but im not gonna get all crazy about being called that for playing a drum kit i might like.

if you dont like truth drums thats fine, but not giving them a chance because the company isnt "your type of people" might just be preventing you from buying a kit you'd love.

Your missing out on the fact that TRUTH custom drums IS a christian based company. Most of their endorsers are christians (most). A lot of people in the drum world know that truth drums is a christian company...so they can get a false consensus about you from the start...

Its not a dumb statement ...just a statement above your head
dtran09
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:38 pm

Okay, really. Why does everyone always have to act like they're hott stuff and soo smart? Also, I'd like to take this moment to recite one of my favorite quotes -
"Trash-talking on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
drummert2k

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:12 pm

Howepirate wrote:
drummert2k wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:

Your missing out on the fact that TRUTH custom drums IS a christian based company. Most of their endorsers are christians (most). A lot of people in the drum world know that truth drums is a christian company...so they can get a false consensus about you from the start...

Its not a dumb statement ...just a statement above your head

maybe its just me, but i care more about what people think about me as a drummer and my playing ability than i care about if some would think im a christian, catholic, jew, hindu, buddist, whatever.

its your call. not trying to trell you you should play them, not trying to tell you that you shouldnt. i was just stating that being associate as a christian is a dumb reason to not play a drum kit.
lowdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:06 pm

Heres some info te kid could use about SJC! Not TRUTH! Anyways... if you want to here an sjc kit acousticly check this out

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2018514639

I love the way his kick sounds!
Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit #1
Tama Starclassic Birch kit #2
DW snare
DW 9000 double pedal
DW 9000 series hardware
Zildjian A and Z custom Cymbals
Benhamin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:23 am

somebody needs to re edit this post to religious disscussion
trashed_and_scatered
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 am

my friend has an SJC kit and i dont really like it
AK-Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 pm

ya....ya'll know your goin in circles riiiggghtt??? but still this is prolly the cleanest argument about christian drum company's iv ever seen. props. here's a solution. play some truth drums....if u like em enough buy them if u dont then dont buy them. if u arnt a christian and u really want them get them and just tell people if they ask that u arnt. if u r...tell them that to. pretty simple isnt it? and if u are REALLY worried about being associated with christians....dont buy them and settle for something you like less idc. this topic shoudnt be posted religion is should be posted...idk...debate about non-christians playing christian made drums idk idc gaaaaa
MrBojengles
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:42 pm

dt got more than he bargained for on this topic :)
hey. :)
dtran09
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:50 pm

haha for sure. Now that this topic is kind of dead and emotions have stilled, I'll say i found the discussion hilarious because i don't get why people get all riled up. If you are secure in your religion, then you shouldn't have to defend it with an iron fist.