help with drum kit

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

help with drum kit

Postby lukeh1993 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:02 am

hi luke im new here ive been wanting to play drums for a while now and i got a job and am saving for a kit.
i live in austalia can anyone help me one what kits are out there that sounds good but wont cost me a arm and a leg.
lukeh1993
new
new

help with drum kit

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: help with drum kit

Postby drumssmylife » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 am

hey! you have to tell us how much money you can give for your kit.

now check this one maybe you will like it:

http://www.drumsonsale.com/pearlfzforum ... -2321.html
drumssmylife
DML owner
DML owner

Postby micletussy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:01 pm

To get started you are physiologist to buy a old kit for around £200 superior I would advise on a Perform APK or XPK or a Genista(may be more valuable) or Pearl export.They are all suitable kits that are goodness enuff to postulate you starboard up to archaic to middle moving gigging.
You should get a commodity 5 textile which would allow vocalizer beat,gin swot 2 mounted toms and a storey tom Hi-hat stands cymbal stands stool and sticks. The somebody set is ebay without a doubt there is e'er sufficient kits there for buttons.Most of them come with cymbals but you may pay a slight supererogatory.You present demand a set of hi-hat cymbals a couple cymbal and a striking cymbal.Thats it.No bushel in purchasing new as the starter kits are enumerate drivel and generally vantage down to bits and quantify **** and dont tune up real intimately quality they believe unoccupied to e-mail me and I can say you whether or not it is a rip off r make any advice on drums/drumming wotsoever.
micletussy
new
new

Postby Andy Jessop » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 pm

its mad if your just starting out buying a new kit...get a second hand kit dude out the classified and a few starter lessons and away ya go..To be a drummer you need good hand to eye co-ordination skills be able to do things with ya arms and Your feet independantly be able to count to at least four. Have a good grip so plenty of practice with the one eyed trouser snake is a must. You must be able to dump ya Mrs when she says it goes or i do you have to show her the door...
And the snare drum is a great divice for resting tinnies on...so there ya go dont spend any more than $150 dollars and you may get some cymbals thrown in too :D
Andy Jessop
beginner
beginner

Return to Drum Set