Looking for Help!!!!

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for Help!!!!

Postby drummerforjesus » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Drummer / percusionist for a Christian band (BODY PARTS - 1st Cor. 12), looking for a new set. Right now we have a used Union set, but are in need of a good set that we can keep in bags and take out for shows only. Being a Christian band, any money we get for playing goes straight for gas and food. Any help would be great, looking to get a cheap drum rack for easy set up and take down. Any Advice?

Robert
drummerforjesus
new
new

Looking for Help!!!!

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Re: Looking for Help!!!!

Postby DrumStix22 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 am

Get a tama superstar. they're pretty affordable. Oh yeah, look for a used kit!
DrumStix22
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Brother_Bong » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:04 am

Absolutely scour the internet. There are mega deals hiding out there if you look for them.
Other than that, we would need some idea of a budget to really help you guys further. :)
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Postby drummerforjesus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Not much of a budget, we get anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00 for playing, most churches can not realy afford that. We usually keep some for gas and food for the trip and give the rest back. I look at ebay and craigslist everyday, musicians friend, guitar center, everything I can. Right now I have cheap Union 5 piece, added 2 very used Tama toms on a home made stand, found a Yamaha picalo tom at a Salvation Army store, and got a very used 16" floor tom from a yard sell. My cymbals are realy great, love them, 14" Zildjian Symitar hats, 10" B8 Pro splash, 16" B8 Pro crash, 18" Pearl crash/ride (our bass player found sitting by trash, slightly warped, but sounds great), 20" Paiste 202 Ride (beautiful sound), 22" B8 Pro ride. All I am realy in need of is a set that will be good for doing gigs with. I use my set for practice with the band, practice with two different praise and worship teams, play with the band every Friday night at a different church concert, and play twice Sunday with the praise and worship teams. Kind of hard to save money for a set, all my extra money is spent on gas, sticks, mallets, brushes, heads, and hardware. My bass drum got broke on Sunday when someone tripped, and a mike stand got tossed into it on accident. Went clean through the head, got to replace that by this evening before practice.
drummerforjesus
new
new

Return to Drum Set