Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Raider05
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 am

Steaky wrote:Is it true that those Absolute Lugs can fall off the Bass Drum while playing if it's tuned a bit low?

No...not true. You would have to loosen them to the point where you are basically taking them off, for them to fall off. That would mean not tuning them "a bit" low....that would mean having more or less no tension at all on the head. I play metal, and therefore have a fairly loose beater head on my 24" kick, but there's no way the "nouveau" lugs are close to coming off.
Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes, Paiste cymbals.
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 am

Raider05 wrote:
Steaky wrote:Is it true that those Absolute Lugs can fall off the Bass Drum while playing if it's tuned a bit low?

No...not true. You would have to loosen them to the point where you are basically taking them off, for them to fall off. That would mean not tuning them "a bit" low....that would mean having more or less no tension at all on the head. I play metal, and therefore have a fairly loose beater head on my 24" kick, but there's no way the "nouveau" lugs are close to coming off.

Cheers, I didn't think so but a friend of mine was convinced about them coming off so I thought I would ask. It will help others on here who by chance may have the same perception.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!