I Got The Wrong Tom Size!!

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

BNSFDisneyZildjian
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 am

Apprently I just discovered that my Ludwig drumset that I got 2 YEARS AGO!! came with two 12 by 10 toms not a 12 x 10 and 13 x 11. I discovered because i got new resonant heads from best buy and i put the old reso on it and it hit me that they are the same farming size!! WTH?!?!?!?!

It is 2 years old and its a Ludwig Accent Combo that was recently replaced by the CS Custom I think. Well should I email or contact the company for this problem?
"That's Hot"

BNSF- Railroading

Disney- Disneyland

Zildjian- Drumming
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 am

there's nothing you can do about it right now. how did you not notice that you had 2 of the same sized toms for 2 years? did you buy 12, 13, and 16 heads and the 13" was too big? have you not ever replaced any heads on these drums?

also, why did you get the heads from best buy? it's a shame that they even sell drum gear...I'm going to hate saying goodbye to all the decent music stores.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
BNSFDisneyZildjian
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:13 pm

Whats wrong with buying from Best Buy? I mean shit, I nearest Guitar Center was 45 miles away from my house and Best buy was about 10 miles away. Chill Out. There is nothing wrong with them selling drum gear. So Chill.
"That's Hot"

BNSF- Railroading

Disney- Disneyland

Zildjian- Drumming
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:47 pm

BNSFDisneyZildjian wrote:Whats wrong with buying from Best Buy? I mean shit, I nearest Guitar Center was 45 miles away from my house and Best buy was about 10 miles away. Chill Out. There is nothing wrong with them selling drum gear. So Chill.

Hey, hey, relax. You made a post and got a response. A rightfully inquisitive response at that. Sorry some of us "purists" don't like seeing drum gear sold at Best buy, whats next, Mc Donalds? Maybe I can get some new sticks with my next Happy Meal.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Catsorpiebald
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 pm

hmmm drum gear from best buy... i dont care how far away guitar center is, im still not buying from best buy. I would rather just order from guitar center's website, and do without one of the toms for the time being. The tom sizes are the same any way, so whats the difference?
"Would you rather listen to something that starts with a T or an L? The T is for Tom Petty, the L is for Led Zeppelin, YEAH"
Assback
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 pm

equip is equip. who cares where it comes from.
johnisonfire
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am

BNSFDisneyZildjian wrote:It is 2 years old and its a Ludwig Accent Combo that was recently replaced by the CS Custom I think. Well should I email or contact the company for this problem?

What color is your drumset? Hit up ebay, I see Accent combo drums on there all the time. Also, the combo is now called the Accent CS 100. Just so you don't get confused, the Accent CS200 is the same as the combo/100 with RIMS mounts. The CS Custom and Custom Elite (aka CS 300) are 8 ply birch shells with more size offerings and optional lacquer finishes.

Ludwig needs to market their stuff better without using these similar and confusing terms. You could get that tom off ebay for $60 or so, depending on if there's one that has the same finish. If you find one that's a different Accent, but same finish, I'd snag it up anyway if the price is good. I have the Accent combo's, but my 14" floor tom is an Accent CS Custom with a black wrap that matches the rest of my kit, and is way, way, better sounding than the "select veneer" garbage shells of the rest of my CS100 kit.
Set 1: Self built custom drum set
Set 2: Ludwig Accent
Cymbals: Meinl Byzance Traditional, Meinl Byzance Jazz
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 am

I just dont understand why their drumheads are so expensive.
Ddrum Dominion
Saluda, Zildjian, Paiste, Wuhan
Pearl Hardware, DW Pedals
Remo Heads
johnisonfire
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Because corporate places have higher markups than local places and many people just don't know any better. Guitar Center is the same way.

bestdrumdeals dot com. I buy two sets of heads at a time to offset the $13 shopping charge. He's got them pretty darn cheap there.
Set 1: Self built custom drum set
Set 2: Ludwig Accent
Cymbals: Meinl Byzance Traditional, Meinl Byzance Jazz
TurbulenceDrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:48 am

I really dont wanna sound rude but how in the blue hell did u not notice that the drums were the same size i mean honestly 1 inch if theyre right next to eachother makes a big difference.

And about getting drum heads at best buy, well im sure they were buy a no name company and youll be making that 45 mile trip to guitar center cause those heads will be dead in a week.
www.myspace.com.turbulencerules

Pearl Masters
Sabian HH
Iron Cobra/Roadpro Hardware
dkmfan
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:00 pm

No, don't bother talking with them.. its been way to long, and i hate to say it but they won't do shit. Also, why the hell did you buy heads from Best Buy?
Assback
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:41 pm

TurbulenceDrummer wrote:I really dont wanna sound rude but how in the blue hell did u not notice that the drums were the same size i mean honestly 1 inch if theyre right next to eachother makes a big difference.

And about getting drum heads at best buy, well im sure they were buy a no name company and youll be making that 45 mile trip to guitar center cause those heads will be dead in a week.

nah, actually they have a large selection of Remos

cost more tho
Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:22 pm

wow, stupid move there.
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
ChrisNichols
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 pm

TurbulenceDrummer wrote:And about getting drum heads at best buy, well im sure they were buy a no name company and youll be making that 45 mile trip to guitar center cause those heads will be dead in a week.

I used a set of no name skins for ages. Not to mention no name sticks. They work just fine, I just make sure to bring out the name brand stuff for shows.

And even if they were name brand, I agree: why does it matter where he bought his skins from? They still work.
This could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire.
BNSFDisneyZildjian
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:12 am

1. Why does it matter where I bought it?? You people (the ones that have issues where I purchased the heads) have a problem where I got it? They are REMO Drum Heads. Thats like saying that Coach bag is bad because you didnt buy it from the Coach outlet store. Come on get into reality people.

2. I didnt know about the tom size because as I soon as I got it I turned it into a 4 piece with a piccolo tom. Name brand or not, as long as they hold up and last then they work out for me and should for you.

Plus the Heads I bought are very very nice and just because they are from Best Buy means that automatically are a bad thing??? Um Hello?!?!?!?! Not trying to be an ass because I respect everyone but it just silly with replies like that.

Brother_Bang....your comparison to McDonalds was iirelavent and makes no sense at all. funny or not.
"That's Hot"

BNSF- Railroading

Disney- Disneyland

Zildjian- Drumming