I have Drum Set OCD!!!! Haha Seriously Though.

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

BNSFDisneyZildjian
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Ever since I got my drum set back in Christmas of 2007. It been obsessed with cleaning my set everyday.

Some crazy things I've done with it include...

Getting ride of 13 inch Hi Hats and getting 14 Inch Mastersounds ZHTs. I don't like odd numbers.
I used the Leveler to make sure my Snare and Floor Tom were perfectly flat.
My two crashes must be at the same height.
My snare head must not have any marks on it which requires a daily cleaning of the head.
The china and hi hat must be at the same height.
I use a four piece because five piece bothers me.
I must constantly be covered and no dust cannot be seen at all.
The slave on the double pedal must be even in lenght on both sides.
The beaters must be at the same level/height.
One side is all Zildjian and the other is all Sabian.

Pretty crazy stuff haha.
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:32 am

Therapy dude. Lots of therapy.
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
SGarrett

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 am

Some of that is normal, but a lot of it really is just unnecessary.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 am

So, when do you actually play/practice?
teiz
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:49 am

hahaha, are U mr. monk xP ;>?
Stick Control! / Sorry 'bout my english, I'm from Poland ;]
titaniumSS
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

lol I agree with Garrett!

BNSFDisneyZildjian wrote:Ever since I got my drum set back in Christmas of 2007. It been obsessed with cleaning my set everyday.

Getting ride of 13 inch Hi Hats and getting 14 Inch Mastersounds ZHTs. I don't like odd numbers. Not necessary! lol
I used the Leveler to make sure my Snare and Floor Tom were perfectly flat. Why bother with how level they are? Play at the angle that YOU are comfortable with and don't bother worrying about the angle or "flatness"
My two crashes must be at the same height. Not uncommon, I used to be like that but now my right crash is higher than my left crash. Comes with getting comfortable and not worrying about the OCD or perfectness so much. Believe me, I'm still OCD though lol
My snare head must not have any marks on it which requires a daily cleaning of the head. Ummm......yeah, that's totally not necessary lol
The china and hi hat must be at the same height.Not unusual either
I use a four piece because five piece bothers me.I used a 4 piece, then went to a 5 piece with two right floor toms.
I must constantly be covered and no dust cannot be seen at all. You or the drumset? lol I usually dust mine off every week
The slave on the double pedal must be even in lenght on both sides. Symmetry makes sense.
The beaters must be at the same level/height. Makes sense to me.
One side is all Zildjian and the other is all Sabian. Can't relate, just have Zildjian lol

Pretty crazy stuff haha.
www.myspace.com/episodefour
www.myspace.com/breakthebad

DW drums (8x10, 9x12, 11x14, 13x16, 18x22), Zildjian cymbals, 2 DW and OCDP snares, Vater/3drumsticks drumsticks, Roland electronics, Audix mics, Remo heads.
BNSFDisneyZildjian
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 pm

titaniumSS wrote:lol I agree with Garrett!

BNSFDisneyZildjian wrote:Ever since I got my drum set back in Christmas of 2007. It been obsessed with cleaning my set everyday.

Getting ride of 13 inch Hi Hats and getting 14 Inch Mastersounds ZHTs. I don't like odd numbers. Not necessary! lol
I used the Leveler to make sure my Snare and Floor Tom were perfectly flat. Why bother with how level they are? Play at the angle that YOU are comfortable with and don't bother worrying about the angle or "flatness"
My two crashes must be at the same height. Not uncommon, I used to be like that but now my right crash is higher than my left crash. Comes with getting comfortable and not worrying about the OCD or perfectness so much. Believe me, I'm still OCD though lol
My snare head must not have any marks on it which requires a daily cleaning of the head. Ummm......yeah, that's totally not necessary lol
The china and hi hat must be at the same height.Not unusual either
I use a four piece because five piece bothers me.I used a 4 piece, then went to a 5 piece with two right floor toms.
I must constantly be covered and no dust cannot be seen at all. You or the drumset? lol I usually dust mine off every week
The slave on the double pedal must be even in lenght on both sides. Symmetry makes sense.
The beaters must be at the same level/height. Makes sense to me.
One side is all Zildjian and the other is all Sabian. Can't relate, just have Zildjian lol

Pretty crazy stuff haha.

I meant the drums lol.
"That's Hot"

BNSF- Railroading

Disney- Disneyland

Zildjian- Drumming
drumdots
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

ahahahaha you are exectly like me !!!! :D !!!!