debate....

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm

sooo, do you have cases for those bad boys?
drummerkid101
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:21 pm

no i dont....so poor =[
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Buy cases for the drums you have, and if the finish gets damaged, have them wrapped at a later date.

I will NEVER understand why guitar players, who are notoriously the dumbest people on Gods green earth, are smart enough to buy cases for their guitars and Drummers seem to think that drums don't need them!

BUY CASES FOR YOUR DRUMS!
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:43 pm

honestly, because most of the time when you purchase a guitar it comes with a case. and even if it doesn't, you only have to buy one case for a guitar but several for a drumkit.

I didn't have cases with my drums for YEARS and nothing bad ever happened, but I eventually just got tired of worrying and bought some.

however, my drums are wrapped, so it's not like they have a delicate lacquered/wood surface that can be easily damaged.
SGarrett

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:51 pm

drummerkid101 wrote:but i think id still owe some money, and im really,....REALLY tight now...i have to fund a tour and pay for my car, and i dont think the cash from selling my epiarch will be enough to cover the medicine man kit..

and i wouldnt be able to get a snare =[

edit:
I just read your for sale topic and see that you're only selling for $1100.

Check out a PDP MXR.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
drummerkid101
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:26 pm

SGarrett wrote:
drummerkid101 wrote:but i think id still owe some money, and im really,....REALLY tight now...i have to fund a tour and pay for my car, and i dont think the cash from selling my epiarch will be enough to cover the medicine man kit..

and i wouldnt be able to get a snare =[

edit:
I just read your for sale topic and see that you're only selling for $1100.

Check out a PDP MXR.

with the 24" bass? but id still not be using the 14" tom.
SGarrett

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 pm

The MXR is a four piece and yes is has a 24" kick. Both are the reasons are why I suggested it. :)
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
drummerkid101
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:07 pm

SGarrett wrote:The MXR is a four piece and yes is has a 24" kick. Both are the reasons are why I suggested it. :)

link me...i dont see it. i see the CXR which is a 5 piece with a 24" and a wrap.....but no mxr to be found
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:16 pm

The CXR and MXR are discontinued now, so you might not be able to find a MXR kit in the options you want, or even at all.
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
SGarrett

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:30 pm

They aren't sold out across the nation. You can find them in drum shops and on eBay. :)
Opopanax
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:45 am

That Yamaha kit is great. I'd go Medicine Man if I were to do it again, but I love my Moto-X Tour Customs..

I'm not into the Yamaha snare though. Still love my Pork Pie acrylic.
vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:13 pm

first of all if your selling your kit because you dont have cases your priorities arent straight because if you plan on buying a "more durable kit" and taking it out without cases its gonna get trashed just as bad as a satin oil, lacquer or any kit for that matter. either spend $550 on cases or spend $550 on a pearl export and take that out with no cases. i have a satin oil kit and i would take it out on tour with me in a heartbeat. i'd have to babysit it a little more when its out of the cases but it would be worth it. you wont have to stress out over selling a kit just so you can go on tour. if you like this kit a lot you'll regret selling it when you get home. trust me on this one. there's also something called tibet almond stick, that gets rid of scratches on wood, and from what i hear it works well. i ordered some and im waiting for it to come in the mail
vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:22 pm

also i constantly set up and breakdown and transport my satin oil kit. ( i have a private rehearsal space AND i get to play drums at work hence all the back and forth ) they are fine, DONT SELL IT BUY CASES AND BE CAREFUL WITH IT!, unless of course your buying a medicine man... then sell sell sell away.
kansasdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 am

Just think of the scratches as battle scars...just kidding. I agree, buy cases, and if you can do it..go for a medicine man..i know that is my next kit..which may be a few years down the road..but its a goal.
antiunderscores
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:55 am

yeh, i agree with these guys, from what i've seen and heard that is a SWEET kit you have, and i think selling them for way less than you paid for them for a kit that isnt as good (especially now your band is starting to get somewhere) is a step in the wrong direction. This may just be me but personally, if you can afford cases get them, if not, baby them, if they get scratched to the shitter, so be it, it means that it is YOUR scratched kit that YOU love. And after everything you always have the option of stripping them back and giving them a new stain, etc. thats what i think.
Zildjian, Wuhan & Istanbul cymbals
Pearl & Mirage kit.
Crappiato Snare
Steve's Back! ..............kinda