Great solo, fastest singles ever.

Drummers' Hall of Fame.
You know a great drummer? Tell us about it!
Questions, discussions and overviews.

Moderator: Moderators

SGarrett

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Mikkey wrote:That's pretty awesome, but I wish the discussion on Youtube.com could only be as reserved as the one here. Some drummers have found their God and that is great, but they take down people like Williams and Krupa in the process. Williams could actually play in the style of almost all of his predecessors to point of impersonation, he used this as a tool to teacher his teacher's students. I personally love both drummers, but that famous "jazz elitism" was showing on the Youtube.com comments. Also I think the statement, "There is yet to be another Buddy Rich" is an extreme statement. Would we want another Buddy Rich? Would you appreciate the BR video more if there was another one of him, but different enough to distinguish himself? I guess drumming in general went in other directions, and for this, anyone who watched the awesome video here is lucky.

Don't forget that Krupa was one of Buddy's influences and he regarded him very highly.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
dave lynch
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 pm

SGarrett wrote:
Mikkey wrote:That's pretty awesome, but I wish the discussion on Youtube.com could only be as reserved as the one here. Some drummers have found their God and that is great, but they take down people like Williams and Krupa in the process. Williams could actually play in the style of almost all of his predecessors to point of impersonation, he used this as a tool to teacher his teacher's students. I personally love both drummers, but that famous "jazz elitism" was showing on the Youtube.com comments. Also I think the statement, "There is yet to be another Buddy Rich" is an extreme statement. Would we want another Buddy Rich? Would you appreciate the BR video more if there was another one of him, but different enough to distinguish himself? I guess drumming in general went in other directions, and for this, anyone who watched the awesome video here is lucky.

Don't forget that Krupa was one of Buddy's influences and he regarded him very highly.

Haha..Yeah that's why I added a thank you to Krupa along with Buddy earlier in this thread...!!
Not into all that competetive who's better crap..Just love to have fun when I drum..!! <|:O)

www.myspace.com/70275304
racefan33
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Bumpity bump bumpibump.
Jeff Porcaro - Lord of Groove
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Yep, still blown away. Thanks for the bump!
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 pm

phil-drummer wrote:i hate to be the one thats spoils the atmosphere , but ill be honest, i just see buddy rich as another drummer. i dont see what all the fuss is about. hes gud , but he doesnt make me fall off my chair is awe.

theres absoluey nothing wrong with that . its your honest oppinion. But i will guarentee you this. as you get older, growing as a drummer and as your knoledge of drumming progresses, you will see what all the fuss is about I still dont think i can FULLY apreciate what buddy rich was. and i think thats so for alot of drummers. we know he was the best. we know why. but as we grow as drummer we'l relize more so why he was the greatest drummer to ever live.
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
drumur
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm impressed by the chops.
The rudimental technique.
Jesus
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:43 am

xdoseonex wrote:
phil-drummer wrote:i hate to be the one thats spoils the atmosphere , but ill be honest, i just see buddy rich as another drummer. i dont see what all the fuss is about. hes gud , but he doesnt make me fall off my chair is awe.

theres absoluey nothing wrong with that . its your honest oppinion. But i will guarentee you this. as you get older, growing as a drummer and as your knoledge of drumming progresses, you will see what all the fuss is about I still dont think i can FULLY apreciate what buddy rich was. and i think thats so for alot of drummers. we know he was the best. we know why. but as we grow as drummer we'l relize more so why he was the greatest drummer to ever live.

I was told once by a fellow musician the following:

"When Buddy died, he went to heaven. Every day there would be a magnificent drum solo, and the angels thought it was God playing. When they finally found the orgin of such a beautiful sound, it was Buddy behind his 4 piece."

I don't think the legend himself knew that he was the greatest. But truth is fact when it comes to Buddy, the Jesus of drums.
ilold
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 pm

I dont think there will be a person who will be able to best Buddy.
That guy just had such a command over his drums, I've never seen anyone have.

Plus the guy had the Charisma of a Rattle snake.
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
Frozensloth
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:05 am

racefan33 wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen Buddy Rich.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnEsBVsaVWo

I posted this in another topic but I felt that it needed it's own topic. The final two and a half minutes are devastating.

I have seen many Buddy Rich videos on you tube and they are all genius! I am sure this one is as well, however its been removed :(
If someone knows which one it is and could repost, that would be awesome.
<b><i>"Without music, life would be a mistake."</i> ~ nietzsche</b>