Neil Peart kicked my ass!

Drummers' Hall of Fame.
You know a great drummer? Tell us about it!
Questions, discussions and overviews.

Moderator: Moderators

McSleeps
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 am

Holy crap I saw Rush the other night here in Ottawa, and the show was just amazing! The sound was the best I've ever heard, the lights were crazy, everthing was just perfect! And of course Neil was soooo solid the entire night, with a ass kicking drum solo that was different from all his other solos which was good. I still can't get over that concert! Anyone else see Rush on this tour?
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:51 am

McSleeps wrote:Holy crap I saw Rush the other night here in Ottawa, and the show was just amazing! The sound was the best I've ever heard, the lights were crazy, everthing was just perfect! And of course Neil was soooo solid the entire night, with a ass kicking drum solo that was different from all his other solos which was good. I still can't get over that concert! Anyone else see Rush on this tour?

I just saw them last night in Toronto. Amazing show. Better than the R30 show in Toronto, and just as good as the Vapor Trails show. My older brother was at both Ottawa shows, as well as London and Toronto, and he will also be going to see the Atlanta show. Lucky bastard. He had a ticket for Montreal too but had to sell it. Didn't have the time to go.

I wouldn't say Neil's solo was completely different from his others, though a few parts were brand new, but I definitely enjoyed it much more than Der Trommler. The part on the Roland drums was way cooler this time around. Very industrial sounding. Surprised the shit out of me.
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
stump

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 am

Have seen them a few times. They always seem to get better with age. Can't pick a favorite show because they all differ so much. All I can say is enjoy them every time you see them and chalk it up as an experience not to forget. Peace on ya!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

seandude
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:57 am

hes like a 100 and he doesnt even like show hes tired or drop a stick!!! and omg im just amazed
safe sex is in the palm of your hand
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:05 pm

to me, seeing Bill ,Ward with Black Sabbath was much more amazing. the guy is in his late 50s, playing all of BS's songs heavier and faster than ever, with an enormous beer gut looking like he's about to have a heart attack and he keeps the beat the entire time.
Beat on.
Ryan90
new
new

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:47 pm

I saw them in Cleveland about a Month ago, amazing, but unlike other teenagers that say they like Rush I don't like their new stuff. They played Witch Hunt which I was very happy about, considering they've played that like once live
h2obaterista
new
new

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:21 pm

I saw them at MSG in NYC on 09/17/07. That show was awesome and the old school songs they played were great to hear. As far as the concensus goes so far Neil's drum solo was awesome. bits and pieces of all his previous stuff with new parts added in and at the end Cotton tail in lieu of one oclock jump. Image
Jimmyjd4
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:21 pm

I saw Rush twice before. On the 25th Anniversary tour and the Snakes & Arrows tour. Both times were absolutely incredible.
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:44 pm

The chicken rotisseries aren't nearly as cool as the dryers were though. Had to be said.

But over on Lerxst's side, those groupies of his at his feet were looking mighty fine. LOL!!!
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
stump

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Johnny Cat wrote:The chicken rotisseries aren't nearly as cool as the dryers were though. Had to be said.

But over on Lerxst's side, those groupies of his at his feet were looking mighty fine. LOL!!!

I agree. The dryers were a bad-assed background. Peace!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:25 pm

I thought you meant peart literally kicked your ass
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
ReensIndustries
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm

I have been a fan of Rush since i was 6 years old. Neil Peart is the drummer that inspired me to play. Sad thing is i have only seen Rush 1 time. I saw them at Irvine Meadows (Verizon Amp.-Irvine CA) during the Test for Echo tour. I got to hear Driven, Subdivisions, YYZ & 2112. My mind was totally blown. I was going to see them for the Snake & Arrows tour but the tickets were REALLY expensive. I would really like to see them anywhere in Canada. B.C. would be the best.

Thanks

Rusty Reens
myspace.com/rdr1977
myspace.com/watchmeburn
myspace.com/4rrhythmi4
percussle
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Drumosaurus wrote:I thought you meant peart literally kicked your ass

lol
Gretsch, Zildjian, Axis, Gibraltar.

"If you can play, you can play anything. I don't like classifications."

http://www.myspace.com/metal_in_entropy
mattcore
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:19 pm

I saw them in Pheonix about a month ago. It was amazing! I wish they would have played more old stuff though, but by far the best concert ive ever been to!
Tama Starclassic maple in marygold sparkle (studio kit)
Tama Starclassic Birch in silk white (gig kit)
DW 9000 series harware
Axis Al-2 Longboard pedals
Zildjian A custom and Sabian AAX cymbals
Evans skins
Vic Firth sticks
drumluv
new
new

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:49 am

Great to hear/see some good reviews, Rush haven't got to Middle England yet. I've have tickets for there Birmingham NEC gig October 12th can't wait.