Terry Bozzio

Drummers' Hall of Fame.
You know a great drummer? Tell us about it!
Questions, discussions and overviews.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Terry Bozzio

Postby kplante069 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Alan_ wrote:I freaking LOVED it when he sang with Zappa while playing the drums.

he's possibly my favorite drummer with Zappa. he played a lot more "rock" than his other drummers.

Shiek Yerbouti is one of my favorite Zappa recordings! It's hard for me to say who my favorite Zappa drummer is though. They work all great, like anyone who got to play with him. I got to see Zappa live once. HOLY "F"!!! Talk about a humbling experiece. But to get back on topic... like I said what bozzio is able to produce with that krazy ass kit really brings it beyond the "drum set". I can totally appriciate it but play a song and get some grove on! :D
kplante069
drumming adept
drumming adept

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby ckoontz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 am

I became aware of who Bozzio was when he played on the Sex and Religion album with Steve Vai. To this day that is my favorite drum album. Absolutely amazing drum parts.
ckoontz
beginner
beginner

Postby Alan_ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 am

I got to see him do his solo thing for the first time back in the 90's. I was impressed then, but it's interesting to see how much farther he's taken it.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Postby kplante069 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Alan_ wrote:I got to see him do his solo thing for the first time back in the 90's. I was impressed then, but it's interesting to see how much farther he's taken it.

Especially if you can remember back to his Missing Persons gig. :shock:
kplante069
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Alan_ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

I really like his drumming on that stuff. even the electronic stuff on the second album was not the greatest in terms of how they mixed the drums (totally wimped out on the levels and low end), but the stuff he was playing was awesome.
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Previous

Return to Drummer World