remember my axis pedal fiasco?

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:57 pm

yeah its been about 2 months now i do believe and............still no u-joint.

i called the drum store and apparently they got a shipment of their axis order and my u-joint wasnt in it. they said it should be another 2 weeks. sorry moderators but what a crock of fucking shit!!!!
progressiveman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:53 am

I feel you man. :S
Howepirate

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah thats probably the ONLY downside to axis pedals is the fact that their so jammed up right now with everyone and their dog ordering em.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 pm

fuck your local drum shop. 1-310-549-1171 thats the number for axis. call them directly. talk to karren. a drive shaft repair is $20. pack up your drive shaft send it to them with a note telling them the deal. and giving your number. and theyre fix it, call you and ship it back
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:27 pm

xdoseonex wrote:fuck your local drum shop. 1-310-549-1171 thats the number for axis. call them directly. talk to karren. a drive shaft repair is $20. pack up your drive shaft send it to them with a note telling them the deal. and giving your number. and theyre fix it, call you and ship it back

what am i to do in the mean time? im currently playing in 4 bands and practicing almost on a daily basis. my pedal is being held together by massive amounts of plumbers tape and after tightening it this last time i dont even dare undo it.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 pm

you'll need another pedal to use
SINISTER
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:31 am

That is a crock of shit especially from ELLIS, they must have some guitar center infiltrators........j/k
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:58 am

there is no reason that sould be happeneing. i broke a u joint and had it repaird for $20 in no time. It really sucks that you dont have another pedal to use. you would think you could use another drive shaft on an axis pedal, since you can use an axis drive shaft on any pedal (and increase the response) but i dont think you can.
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:39 pm

The folks at Axis are great when it comes to service...

Order a spare drive shaft, (boo hoo, you'll have to spend money, but everybody that plays a double SHOULD have a spare shaft for this exact reason)

When the new shaft comes in send them the old one for repair. Keep it aside until you need to service the new one.

This stuff doesn't last forever, eventually it gonna need service. Having a spare drive shaft is cheap insurance. While you're at it, order a couple spare springs too. It's the professional thing to do!
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:10 am

yeah, i have a spare drive shaft and it saved my ass when i stripped one of my set screws (had the wrong size allen key). alot of people say axis pedal break easily. but i think ppl just fuck them up cuz theres so many screws and ajustments to fuck with. with proper knoledge of how the pedal works. a set of standard alen keys and a drum key, you should be fine, and that pedal should last you a long time. i'v had mie for years and it shows no sign of quitting. I REALLY want a trick pedal tho. i was hesitant to get one untill i won the wfd because i always wanted to be practicing on an axis. but now i'm tottaly gonna get one. yeah $700. whatever. that things a fuckin tank. i could probly throw it down a flight of stairs into an elephant stampede then play a gig with it. chip wouldnt let my try them at winter namm. i told him i'd do a "product demo" for them. haha. but JT tottaly explained to me how they work. and i was impressed. the thing that impressed me most was the ajustments. from what i saw it was not nearly as ajustable as an axis pedal. ( ican think of like 25 you can ajust an axis off the top of my head) but ajusting them was absolutely effortless. the compression spring is a great idea. when you have a spring thats in tnormal pedals your streatching it out. so as you get toward the end of your strok the tension gets greater because theres more tension on the spring. a compression spring wil gove you a 100% smooth stroke all the way through. I think im about to drop $1,000 on saluda cymbals so i cant afford it right now. but you can bet your ass i'll be getting on of these marvels of modern engineering[/url]
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:04 pm

xdoseonex wrote:yeah, i have a spare drive shaft and it saved my ass when i stripped one of my set screws (had the wrong size allen key). alot of people say axis pedal break easily. but i think ppl just fuck them up cuz theres so many screws and ajustments to fuck with. with proper knoledge of how the pedal works. a set of standard alen keys and a drum key, you should be fine, and that pedal should last you a long time. i'v had mie for years and it shows no sign of quitting. I REALLY want a trick pedal tho. i was hesitant to get one untill i won the wfd because i always wanted to be practicing on an axis. but now i'm tottaly gonna get one. yeah $700. whatever. that things a fuckin tank. i could probly throw it down a flight of stairs into an elephant stampede then play a gig with it. chip wouldnt let my try them at winter namm. i told him i'd do a "product demo" for them. haha. but JT tottaly explained to me how they work. and i was impressed. the thing that impressed me most was the ajustments. from what i saw it was not nearly as ajustable as an axis pedal. ( ican think of like 25 you can ajust an axis off the top of my head) but ajusting them was absolutely effortless. the compression spring is a great idea. when you have a spring thats in tnormal pedals your streatching it out. so as you get toward the end of your strok the tension gets greater because theres more tension on the spring. a compression spring wil gove you a 100% smooth stroke all the way through. I think im about to drop $1,000 on saluda cymbals so i cant afford it right now. but you can bet your ass i'll be getting on of these marvels of modern engineering[/url]

yeah Trick had a sales rep at Robot mosh Fest this year and was really pushy so it kinda turned me away. he basically thought he was the shit because he was either endorsed or part of some huge company. he was a total dick and sucked when he was playing. he gave me his card though and said he could get me a pair for like $525 if i mentioned his name or some shit. i dont know. i mean i just bought an axis, do i really want to change pedals already? and i definately do not have 525 just layin around. schools comin up and i need books!!! haha. but yeah the compression spring idea is genius.
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:16 pm

if i could get a pair of trick pedals for $525 i would but them tomorrow
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 pm

xdoseonex wrote:if i could get a pair of trick pedals for $525 i would but them tomorrow

want his number?