double bass pedal debate

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:57 am

GrimReepher wrote:get axis if u want speed. no lag cause theres no chain, i dont know why people dont like direct drive, it makes so much sense

Smart man
zero_or_die77
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:06 am

go with the DW 9000's.
"Within the chamber of my soul I find I don't know as much as most do, but I know my destiny." - ZAO
festament
new
new

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:23 am

The Pearl Eliminator pedals (particularly the strap drive) are the quietest, most adjustable pedals around, and a double pedal only costs $230 with a case, and interchangeable cams. Why spend $500 bucks or more? Obviously it's personal preference, but I have owned double pedals by all three of the aforementioned manufacturers, and I just can't stand feeling like I got ripped off. In the end functionality is most important, so don't just follow a trend.
Howepirate

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:31 am

festament wrote:The Pearl Eliminator pedals (particularly the strap drive) are the quietest, most adjustable pedals around, and a double pedal only costs $230 with a case, and interchangeable cams. Why spend $500 bucks or more? Obviously it's personal preference, but I have owned double pedals by all three of the aforementioned manufacturers, and I just can't stand feeling like I got ripped off. In the end functionality is most important, so don't just follow a trend.

Yeh a trend of awareness yeh listen to this guy he knows what hes talking about because hes cheap.

Axis wins buddy. I got my Xl-2 longboard double pedal for 330 bux on ebay and it came with sonic hammers and shorboards. Mechanically the pedal is amazingly sound.

And extremely quiet. They make no noise.Why? NO CHAIN. What do you mean no chain? DIRECT DRIVE! Is that faster? YES.More responsive?Yes. Leading to less fatigue and more speed? Yes. Anything else thats special about them? Im glad you asked.

They have longboards, their greatly adjustable, the top drummers of metal use them, they last a loonnggg time being as u keep them in good condition as with anything, they have hi tension springs for quick response and their very very strong
tepiddrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:17 pm

I used to play the double Iron Cobras, and I only sold them because I needed some cash. I also gave up double bass for a while, and now I find I'm even quicker!
goatatl
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:37 pm

I haven't played any of the high-end DWs. I have a 7000 that I use on my rehearsal kit, and it is a fine pedal. I use the Cobra Power Glide on my gigging kit, and I swear by it, although they did take a little getting used to at first. Strangely enough, when I play the DW now, I find that I have more control and speed than before I started gigging with the Cobras. I'd love to try the Axis, but that's an awful lot of cabbage.

robbiemel169
new
new

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 pm

DW 9002 thats what i have
i love them
its all in the setup
they all feel good to me if you set it up right
i do like the speed of the dw 9002 and 5002 and 7002 they feel reel good to play on

:D
lata
robbie
www.theoryofyesterday.net