Drumnetics Bass Drum pedals.....a review.

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Timekeep69

Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:53 am

Disclaimer:I'm not a journalist so bear with my fragmented sentences and improper English....I think my spelling is ok.

I was introduced to Mike Van Dyk, owner of Drumnetics by "Bermuda" Schwartz, Weird Al Yankovics drummer at NAMM '07. Bermuda showed me the pedals and I was very interested in them. Imagine, a bass drum pedal that didn't have tensin springs!! No more sore fingers and guessing on spring tension for that perfect feel!

The Drumnetic pedal has two magnets, one in the foot board and one in the base board and the "tension" is created by the magnets repulsing each other. "Tension" is adjusted by sliding the magnets back and forth, to and from each other. The closer they are to each other, the more tension (or kick back) there is.

I had my pedals dialed in in about 15 minutes. The magnets are adjusted using a hex driver that neatly stows away next to the magnet and guess what? The magnet holds the hex driver in place! No more losing the hex driver! The linkage on the pedal is also adjustable. These things are easy to dial in. It took me nearly a month to dial in my DW9000s. With the Drumnetics there are no springs to have to replace.

After getting everything dialed in, the pedal action is very smooth and the speed is incredible. As far as I know, they don't come in a double pedal setup but I really like these and think they have ALOT of potential.

These pedals are the best out there in my opinion. I've played Axis, DWs and Pearl and these Drumnetics blow them all away as far as I'm concerned.

For more info regarding them, go to www.drumnetics.com
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Timekeep69

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I hope someone actually read this since it was requested.
I'm sure they did :)
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
m
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 am

I did, because that was one of the few bits of NAMM gear I wanted to check out but missed. The only other guy I've talked to who played them didn't quite find them as praiseworthy, but he may not have spent as much time tweaking them to his preference...

thanks PJ!
Damagedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 am

I saw some pictures of these pedals, and thought it was a genius idea. especially now you're saying they play great.

BUT, what do you pay for all this science?
taataataataatatatatadakadakadakadakadak!
Damagedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am

Sorry my bad, 300 dollars. It is quite expensive, but if it's good...real good, it's usually worth the money
taataataataatatatatadakadakadakadakadak!