Which one should I get?

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

codedarms222
new
new

Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 am

Hi guys I'm looking into buying my first double bass pedal and so far I found these two that fit my budget:

- Iron Cobra Jr
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=583128

- Gibraltar Avengers
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=490046

They're in the same price range and I have trouble deciding which one to get....
Anyone had any experiences with either of these pedals?

Thanks,
Ray
dannycareyisgod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm

i've had experience with the iron cobra, and its a good pedal. the only con is that you need to oil the chain up every month or so if you are a daily player.
Gretsch Catalina Maple-------> 22" x 18" bass, 10" x 8" and 12" x 9" toms, 14" x 14" floor tom, 16" x 16" floor tom, 6" x 14" snare.

Zildjian A Customs-------> 20" ride, 16" crash, 18" fast crash, 14" hi-hats.
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:31 am

To me they look like they are basically the same pedal, with very similar features. But if I'm not mistaken the Cobras come with a case. Selling point for me right there.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Drumosaurus
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Iron cobra. I had one for 2 years and it's a pretty good pedal. takes alittle while to get the spring tension dialed in though.
R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan. You will be missed.
SuNoAnBuKi
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:00 pm

That's tough. The Iron Cobra Jrs are baller lookin with that new silver finish and they come with a case. Never played one but Ive heard good things. The con to me is that they're single chain. Ive played the Gibraltars numerous times (my brother owns that same dbl pedal) and it's really smooth and responsive. Only con there is that the stock beaters are somewhat clunky and heavy, swap em out with self aligning Gibraltars and youre set. My vote is on the Gibraltar.
Ddrum Dominion
Saluda, Zildjian, Paiste, Wuhan
Pearl Hardware, DW Pedals
Remo Heads