Trick VS. Axis

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Nhara
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:49 am

I'm looking to sell off my DW 5000 single bass pedal and looking to upgrade to either a Trick or Axis.
Any suggestions and/or reviews of said pedals.

Things to keep in mind
-single bass
-customer service
-build quality
-price (bang for buck)

Please let me know your thoughts on the newest to-be member of my drumset.
audiotech
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 am

I tried all the major brands of pedals the beginning of this year including the Trick, Axis, Demon Drive and others. After about two months going back and forth between the pedals, I chose the Trick Pro 1 V. It meets all of your criteria except for the price. Of all the pedals I tested, the Trick was the most expensive, but to me well worth it. I also play mostly on a single pedal and the Trick pedal had every other pedal beat hands down for smoothness, power and speed. Another feature I love is it's adjustability. There's no more crawling on the floor to make adjustments. Besides the tension adjustment, all other adjustments are made with a standard drum key. You really should check all the pedals you can get your feet on because just because I like it, doesn't mean that you will. Pedals are very personal items, it took me two months to decide, lol.

Dennis
Damo
new
new

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am

Agreed with Dennis (hi Dennis, btw!)

I have had a few issues with customers breaking their Axis pedals recently, so Im hoping this is not going to be an ongoing problem.
Nhara
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:09 am

thanks for the heads up Dennis. I know how personal a drumset and it's accessories can be. That's why everyone have these huge debates about what's the "best" out there. But in reality everything depends on the user and application. But it's good to know that you think the Trick Pro 1 V is the best of the bunch. I'll keep that in mind when i check out all of my pedal options.
MrPaul
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 pm

audiotech wrote:I chose the Trick Pro 1 V. It meets all of your criteria except for the price. Of all the pedals I tested, the Trick was the most expensive, but to me well worth it.

I always looked at it like this. It may be a lump of cash to throw out. But it will be the Last pedal you will ever buy.
Medicine Man Drums
Saluda Cymbals
Yamaha Dtxplorer
Dauz Pads
Alesis Trigger io
Korg Pakontrol
Apple Powerbook 1.67ghz and Hp 2.0ghz Laptop
Metal25
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Agreed with these guys, i have the Trick Pro1V's and i will never play another pedal. The problem with axis is they have alot of moving parts and take alot of time and care to upkeep them. not to mention they dont quite have the power of the Tricks.
I play and recommend:
Spaun Custom Birch Drums
Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals
Pearl Rack
Tama hardware
Trick Pedals
Vater Stix