This Taye double kick pedal any good?

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

silencetheshadows
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 pm

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... XSEM=0#new

I am looking to eventually buy a new double kick pedal, as the one I use now is my friends (which I have borrowed for WAY too long), and he is looking to take them back soon. As I searched on the internet, I found these Taye pedals. For $170 for a double chain drive, this seems like a steal, but I have never ever tried them. Local music stores dont have them either. Anyone have experience with them? I currently use Iron Cobra Powerglides and I want to know how the Taye pedals stand up to them. I tighten my springs all the way, and I play death/black/grind metal mostly, so I need a pedal that can live up to speed and a beating. Any information about these pedals would be awesome.

Thanks.
Hello. My name is Renz, and I currently use Mapex drums, various cymbals (including Saluda 18" rock crash and a sawblade), various hardware, Ahead and Promark Drumsticks, PDP Pedals, Moongel, a Honeywell fan, and cold water.
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Eh...no experience on Taye anything for me.
I currently use the Tama Powerglides with the IC Wood beaters.

And a fellow drummer from Sac I see LOL.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
silencetheshadows
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah, I HAD the powerglide, it was pretty sick.

Hell yeah Reppin Sactown! lol. You play in any local bands?
Hello. My name is Renz, and I currently use Mapex drums, various cymbals (including Saluda 18" rock crash and a sawblade), various hardware, Ahead and Promark Drumsticks, PDP Pedals, Moongel, a Honeywell fan, and cold water.
tomswift
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:41 am

ShadowDrummer wrote:Eh...no experience on Taye anything for me.

Me too. I have absolutely no experience with Taye but I just love to respond to posts that i have nothing to contribute to. I just LOVE to bloviate and spout off about my own equipment. I use the ACME douche drive pedals with the fragile balsa beaters when I actually play instead of wasting my time responding to posts in which i have absolutely nothing to contribute!!
silencetheshadows
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Haha alright then....

So does anyone know anything about these pedals?
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:34 pm

tomswift wrote:

Me too. I have absolutely no experience with Taye but I just love to respond to posts that i have nothing to contribute to. I just LOVE to bloviate and spout off about my own equipment. I use the ACME douche drive pedals with the fragile balsa beaters when I actually play instead of wasting my time responding to posts in which i have absolutely nothing to contribute!!

Funny,
not
:roll:
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:45 am

tomswift wrote:

Obviously not the most intelligent post I've seen.
If you think about it...
Describing what I use/ am used to would open ground for someone who HAS experience with Taye pedals to compare and contrast some other brand pedal that another person may be more familiar with.
:idea:
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
Cymbalista
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 pm

I know this is way late But I have some actual experience with Taye products. They make first rate stuff. I had one of their entry level snares, considering it was entry level it was dam nice. My freind has a Taye kit and it is sweet. Their Cymbal stands are excellent. They are an up and comming company ala Mapex. I'm so impressed with my freinds kit I've added Taye as a possible contender for my next kit. Oh One of their Bass pedals won best in show at Namm last year so that tells you something right there.
Cymbals & Snares -- Home of the " Other Name Brands " http://www.cymbalsandsnares.com
You tube channel www.cymbalsandsnares.youtube.com/ILDUCE61
Blog www.cymbalsandsnares.blogspot.com
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Cymbalista wrote:I know this is way late But I have some actual experience with Taye products. They make first rate stuff. I had one of their entry level snares, considering it was entry level it was dam nice. My freind has a Taye kit and it is sweet. Their Cymbal stands are excellent. They are an up and comming company ala Mapex. I'm so impressed with my freinds kit I've added Taye as a possible contender for my next kit. Oh One of their Bass pedals won best in show at Namm last year so that tells you something right there.

Well that seems pretty good. Hopefully I come across a product so I can try first hand.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads