New Hi Hat stand

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 pm

I recently bought a Iron Cobra kick pedal and it has transformed my playing so I was wondering whether a decent hi hat stand would do the same.

I could match the Iron Cobra with the HH905.

Anyone got this and if so what do you think?

drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm

i had a HH905 with an iron cobra..i didnt know the difference between hihat stands etc....but it may affect everyone differently.
but it sure did look pretty having a matching hihat and bass pedal :)
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:26 am

it won't. it is just a stand. not a snare, pedal, throne etc ;))
Tama Superstar Fusion Set
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Pro-Mark 747B, Pro-Mark Jason Bonham Signature
Paiste 2002 and Zildjian A Custom
Gibraltar Thorne
Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide Double Pedal.
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Maybe not transform it but it'll be better for your playing than having a crappy one.
Random Hand

Mapex Drums
DW8000 Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Vater Sticks

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:59 pm

Good quality equipment is always better to have. A HH stand might not have the impact on your playing the IC did. However even for just time keeping playing the hats on quarters a HH with a nice responce is gonna give you a nice clean quick open and close. No sloppy looseness to it. It will also show off your nice HH cymbals by producing a nice crisp "chick" the Cymbals will produce. If your HH doesn't have nice action I don't care how nice your Cymbals are they are not gonna produce the sound they were meant too. If your looking for a nice solid performing good looking HH for less than $100 bucks I'd like to recommend the Cannon 800 series. They are a well built solid performer. Cannon is still a smaller name so you benefit by paying less for it than you would if you bought something like the IC HH. But you will not sacrifice anything in the looks and quality catagory. The 800 series even has an adjustable footboard it swings right and left which gives you additional options in your HH placement. Check them out FWIW you can find them on Ebay for sure.
Cymbals & Snares -- Home of the " Other Name Brands "
You tube channel