New Pearl Demon Drive Pedal

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

I don't know if this has been posted on before, but in case it hasn't, I will post it here

Pearl has recently released a new direct-drive pedal with the ability to change between longboard and shortboard footboards and many other features

Here is the website for it if you are interested: http://www.pearldrum.com/DemonDriveLIVE/index.html
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
sowta90
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:07 pm

That looks insane
i love the design of it
also liking the link from beater to pedal
if i had the cash i'd deffo buy one

bass-ackwards
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:30 pm

for some reason i really am not interested in it. Its nothing that innovative other than the long-to-split thing. The thing about that is i can only see myself using that feature every once in a while.

Brother_Bong wrote:You are number one so that makes everyone else number two. Like poop.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm

the video makes it sound like everything about the pedal is a completely new concept but it's not...direct drives have been around for a very long time. the board conversion is cool but it seems like it would take a while.

overall, cool looking pedal and definitely has a lot of adjustability but I think I'll stick with my boas for now.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 pm

What's with the rotary phone footboard, is that where you "dial" it in?
Verify our range to target, one ping only…
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:01 am

I played them for a while the past 2 days. They feel great. They give axis a run for they're money
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
Damagedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 am

Empyrean Drums wrote:What's with the rotary phone footboard, is that where you "dial" it in?

Haha, you said it! Overall they look great though and I love the fact that you can switch the footboard around.

But I'm really curious at Tama's response to all this...anyone got any news on that? I've heard they discontinued the cobra's, so they must be coming with something new and by the looks of this new Pearl pedal Tama better bring something really good!
taataataataatatatatadakadakadakadakadak!
Damagedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 am

So I've checked Tama's NAMM update and it says the 2009 Cobra models come standard with the Cobra Coil. No new designe what so ever. But then again, why fix something that isn't broken?
taataataataatatatatadakadakadakadakadak!
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:31 am

I like the fact that Pearl has come out with a direct drive pedal, but it's nothing innovative except the footboard conversion, and I really don't see the point of that in the first place

Howepirate

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:42 pm

The footboard conversion isn't new either. I can do that with my Axis in like 2 mins? The only difference is, is I have to own a pair of short/longboards on top of my long/shortboards.

Whatever :roll:
nydubber
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm

tacking onto Howe's comment...

my stance on stuff like this is that during the late 80's/early 90's when the big drum companies were sitting back counting millions, little start ups were coming up w/new and great ideas. Then in the mid/late 90's you started seeing those products coming to light and advanced upon in the independent market. By the time the bigger companies pulled their heads out of their asses it was too late and they always seem to come off as "riding the trend" so-to-speak.

You'd think w/all the research and development $$$$$ those companies could possibly have at their disposal that they'd be on the leading edge of all this shit. But truth of the matter is, they end up looking gimmicky and being a day late and a dollar short.

As usual, this is just my opinion :D
Sonor Performer/ZXT Titaniums/DW 9000/Sonor+Pearl Hardware
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 pm

nydubber, that is exactly how I see it too. It looks like a blatant copycat off of Axis or Trick, probably not as good quality either.

Pearl is basically just riding Axis's coattails

TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:55 pm

xdoseonex wrote:I played them for a while the past 2 days. They feel great. They give axis a run for they're money

Not at an MSRP of over $200 more.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
Assback
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:41 pm

looks like a real good pedal. what they run for?
randomdrum
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:47 am

Converting the pedal to a longboard isn't new, but converting the footplate to a longboard is
Random Hand
Me!!

Mapex Drums
DW8000 Pedals
Sabian Cymbals
Vater Sticks