Axis X-L2 Double Pedal

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Haha shut up, you have like 4 drumsets. "Luckily I don't need much drum shit right now"

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Howepirate wrote:
metldrummer2112 wrote:Haha well right now I just did a lot of the stuff mentioned in this post, and now I can't play my kit. Throne height was not a problem, but after I moved my pedals like Alan_ said, I have to put my drums so insanely high that I can't play them because I'm a little too short. I need a fusion kit

What? Take pics and I'll help. I'm a drum-fitment nazi.

february-10th-pics-of-m-birch-w-rack-t10492.html

My set when I had money...

Thanks for the offer, but I fixed my set for now. I just need to get accustomed to haveing everything a little higher. I'm thinking about sending my toms in to PJ and getting them cut down an inch or two.

On the bright side, I got my bass drum sounding really nice. I figured I didn't need any internal muffling since I have EMADS. I got bored and put some in now the sound quality at least doubled. And the bass drum is oddly enough more responsive, has more rebound, and is easier to play...... I'm not gonna argue with that!
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:50 pm

I haven't played a longboard, but I would throw in to get some new Tama Iron Cobras. They have great adjustability and come with all necesarry tools and a case, Axis only comes with the pedal (case SHOULD be included for that hefty price tag IMO...)
I would imagine it to be a bit bothersome to carry 4 or 5 different allen wrenches around just to make simple pedal adjustments when you can get a good Tama IC for about $200 bucks less + a good case with it, etc.

In no way shape or from jabbing on Axis, but I imagine comparison economic and material facts could help a bit. :)
Last edited by ShadowDrummer on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
Howepirate

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:55 pm

ShadowDrummer wrote:I haven't played a longboard, but I would throw in to get some new Tama Iron Cobras. They have great adjustability and come with all necesarry tools and a case, Axis only comes with the pedal (case SHOLD be included for that hefty price tag IMO...)
I would imagine it to be a bit bothersome to carry 4 or 5 different allen wrenches around just to make simple pedal adjustments when you can get a good Tama IC for about $200 bucks less + a good case with it, etc.

In no way shape or from jabbing on Axis, but I imagine comparison economic and material facts could help a bit. :)

So you're trying to sway a metal metal drummer not to buy axis because you can adjust them and they're so brutal they don't need a case?

Good idea, I'm glad you brought up these points.

They really don't need a case. I throw mine around as I am so used to their strength. They never break ever!

The price tag is worth it and Iron Cobras are the worst "pro pedals" I have ever used IMO.
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:10 pm

So you're trying to sway a metal metal drummer not to buy axis because you can adjust them and they're so brutal they don't need a case?

They really don't need a case. I throw mine around as I am so used to their strength. They never break ever!

The price tag is worth it and Iron Cobras are the worst "pro pedals" I have ever used IMO.

I'm in no way shape or form tryin to sway anything. To each his own for equipment preference(s).
What I stated based from my experience. I've never denied Axis quality, but their "full potential" I haven't witnessed first hand as none of the stores/any drummer in my area has one. So with that, I went for something I felt I could rely on and felt comfortable on: Tama IC.

More power to you for your Axis pedals, but until I get some serious cash, win a WFD or get a "random act of kindness" donation of Axis A-L2 pedals, Tama IC-PG is what I stand bhind.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

ShadowDrummer wrote:

I'm in no way shape or form tryin to sway anything. To each his own for equipment preference(s).
What I stated based from my experience. I've never denied Axis quality, but their "full potential" I haven't witnessed first hand as none of the stores/any drummer in my area has one. So with that, I went for something I felt I could rely on and felt comfortable on: Tama IC.

More power to you for your Axis pedals, but until I get some serious cash, win a WFD or get a "random act of kindness" donation of Axis A-L2 pedals, Tama IC-PG is what I stand bhind.

Yes, I've heard great things about Cobras. If I don't like the Longboards I'm taking them back and getting Cobras, in fact.

And I don't really need a case as of yet, but it should be included. And I'm not terribly happy about it using allen wrenches either. It seems like way more of a hassle

Howepirate

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 pm

ShadowDrummer wrote:

Ebay got me my Axis for 360$ bro.

Excuses..excuses...
Howepirate

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 pm

I can think of like 30 videos proving Axis are the shit by some of the most brutal drummers on the planet. Why not get Axis? How many people play IC's that do anything special with their feet?
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:42 am

Yes, I've seen those videos and they do seem like the shit. That's why I want to get them so bad. And I actually don't know ANY pro that uses cobras. The only other pedal I can think of that would do stuff like Axis is Trick, and that's more than I can afford.

And you got your axis's for $360? nice score! I've been checking ebay for them but it's nothing but auctions that there are hundreds of bids on or buy it new from the factory for the same price as GC

Howepirate

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 am

I'll keep a look out for you bro. My Axis were way haggered and there was a bunch of stuff I fixed on em (small things that didn't cost me anything like washers to space the footboard and so on) that didn't cost me anything at all to fix. Since then, I've never looked back.
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks. If that's the case then I can see why they were slashed that much, but it looks like you got a great deal. I don't think I'm going to have any complaints once I get mine

Howepirate

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 am

metldrummer2112 wrote:Thanks. If that's the case then I can see why they were slashed that much, but it looks like you got a great deal. I don't think I'm going to have any complaints once I get mine

Yeah, and I actually liked having to fix stuff immediately (previous owners fault) because it gave me a chance to get to know the pedals better and understand them.

When you get a set, let me know if there's anything you need to fix or change and I'll help ya out.
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah, that sounds better than playing them for a while until you find a mistake.

And I'll let you know when I get them. There shouldn't be any problems since it looks like I'll be buying them Dales Drum Shop, which is a 5 star drum shop and I think one of the 5 biggest drum stores in the country if you coun't their offsite warehouses and stuff. But you never know, I may need help

Howepirate

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 am

Oh yeah, if you're buying them new, there wont be any problems. I was just saying if you go the ebay route, I got your back haha.
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks man, I'm gonna keep checking. I'd like to get some new hardware and a cymbal too, so ebay's looking really good right now